strict rounding policy

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
khashayar

strict rounding policy

Post by khashayar »

Hi,

I have configured the rounding policy for out punches to be strict and scheduled (reoccurring schedule) the working times from 9am-5pm.

However punch times after 5pm is still being registered and included in regular and paid time. Everything else is working and functional.

What am I doing wrong and how can I fix it?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Please post the details of your rounding policy, and schedules.

Make sure the schedules are in blue text under Schedule -> MySchedule. Black text with a [R] beside it means the schedule isn't committed yet, and strict rounding won't work until the schedule has been committed and turned to blue text.

Also make sure that your maintenance jobs are running.
khashayar

Post by khashayar »

thanks for the response.

the text is in fact black with a [R]. So how do I commit the schedule once I've done the recurring schedule template and the recurring schedule?

interestingly in the (My) Schedule I can see committed (blue text) times for all the employees for a timeperiod which I have not specified (0:00-8.00) and when I click this time for employee x, change the in and out times from 0-8 to 9-17 and submit, the originally scheduled time of 9-17 of the same employee becomes committed (blue text) but on the previous day. i.e. if I change the Tuesday timeslot of 0-8, the Monday timeslot of 9-17 (black text with R) becomes committed (blue text)

rounding policy details:
punch type: out
interval: 1 min
grace: 0
strict: enabled

schedule details:
recurring schedule template: in:9; out:17; schedule policy:defined
Recurring Schedule: template: as defined above; start week:1; start date:01/05/2008; no end date; autopilot is unchecked; employees selected.

maintenance jobs are running.

I also accidentally changed my permission group from Admin to payroll admin and I was the only admin account, how do I change it back?

Thanks for your time, effort and a great tool.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Recurring schedules (black text with [R]) are automatically committed approx. 4hrs before the shift is scheduled to start, and this doesn't happen retroactively.

So if todays date is May 15th, and you create a recurring schedule to start on May 1st. The text from May 1st to May 15th will be black and NEVER be committed. However from May 15th onward, it will be automatically committed 4hrs before each shift is scheduled to start.

For testing you can just click the black text shift, and press submit, this will change it blue text for you. You can then manually create punches and see how rounding is handled from then.

For strict rounding its also important that you have a schedule policy assigned to each scheduled shift, and that the Start/Stop window of that schedule policy is between 30mins and 2 hours.