Pay Stub issues: heading - Net Pay - Deductions (screenshot)

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
blacksmith

Pay Stub issues: heading - Net Pay - Deductions (screenshot)

Post by blacksmith »

I have 4 inquiries related to pay stub. Here is a screenshot of the pay stub:

Inquiries arranged by importance and most priorities.

1. Why Net Pay amount doesn't appear in the pay stub.

I read this thread regarding the same issue. But no clear reason for this.

I made changes to the pay stub accounts as appear in the screenshot.

Also, Net Pay is properly selected in Admin -> Payroll -> Pay Stub Account Linking as appear in the screenshot.

2. The second inquiry is that why deductions are separated into two sections? It will be more easier to read if they are arranged in one column as the earnings.

3. Can we hide Rate, Hrs/Units, and YTD Amount? The purpose of this is to show only the needed information. It will make it more user friendly. If so; how?

4. Can we modify the pay stub heading? If so; how?

Thanks.

TimeTrex Standard Edition v2.2.10
PHP 5.2.5
Windows XP Pro SP2
Apache 2.2.8
MySQL 5.0.51a
Firefox 2.0.0.14
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

1. Why Net Pay amount doesn't appear in the pay stub.
It appears that you modified the Pay Stub Account linking. This is likely why Net Pay isn't appearing on the pay stub. Make sure the Employer Deduction is selected and see if that helps.

If you've changed key pay stub accounts, this can also break things.
The second inquiry is that why deductions are separated into two sections?
Employer Deduction/Contributions are for things like company paid benefit plans and other line items that the employer needs to keep records of, but the employee does not need to know. This section is by default NOT shown on the employee pay stubs if they view them, or it can be hidden when an administrator views the pay stubs by using the check box at the bottom of the Pay Stub list page.

Can we hide Rate, Hrs/Units, and YTD Amount?

Not without modifying the source code.
Can we modify the pay stub heading? If so; how?
Not without modifying the source code.
blacksmith

Net Pay amount appeared in the pay stub

Post by blacksmith »

Thanks very much.

Net Pay amount has been appeared in the pay stub after I linked Total Employer Deduction to a pay stub account.

As for the second question; why deductions are separated into two sections?
Employer Deduction/Contributions are for things like company paid benefit plans and other line items that the employer needs to keep records of, but the employee does not need to know. This section is by default NOT shown on the employee pay stubs if they view them, or it can be hidden when an administrator views the pay stubs by using the check box at the bottom of the Pay Stub list page.
Thanks for your reply. But this is not what I want to know. I want to know how to make all deductions in the Pay Stub to appear as one group not separated into two groups; left and right. Please see screenshot. Also, all deductions in the pay stub in the screenshot are employees deductions. There are no employer deductions.

Thanks very much
shaunw

Re: Net Pay amount appeared in the pay stub

Post by shaunw »

blacksmith wrote:
Thanks for your reply. But this is not what I want to know. I want to know how to make all deductions in the Pay Stub to appear as one group not separated into two groups; left and right. Please see screenshot. Also, all deductions in the pay stub in the screenshot are employees deductions. There are no employer deductions.
Sorry, I misunderstood your question.

The deductions are in two columns to save space and keep pay stubs from becoming two or more pages whenever possible.

This can not be changed without modifying the source code.