Exception Policy - Not triggering some

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
vmp

Exception Policy - Not triggering some

Post by vmp »

Our employees work a straight shift from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
I have setup below exception policy with above schedule for employee

Active Code Name Severity Grace Watch Window
. C In Early Low 00:30 01:00
. D In Late High 00:30 08:00
. E Out Early High 00:30 08:00
. F Out Late Low 00:30 01:00

I would like to flag an exception if user comes or goes more than half hour early or later.

I am able to get In Late and Out Early e.g.

In: 8:31
Out: 16:29
Exceptions: D E

Would you please clarify why I'm not getting C, F exception if I enter
IN 07:29 and OUT 17:31?

My TimeTrex version is 2.0.0

Is it possible for TimeTrex to consider only the 1st IN Punch and last OUT Punch?

If multiple punches are added, each new IN is a "In Late" exception and each new OUT before the last OUT is a "Out Early" exception
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The reason you are not seeing In Early and Out Late is because those exceptions fall outside of your schedule, therefore TimeTrex needs a schedule policy to know how long to look for them, which is what it uses the start/stop window in the schedule policy is for.

So if your schedule start/stop window is set to 1 hour, TimeTrex will take the punch time 7:29AM and look 1 hour earlier, and 1 later to see if it can find a valid schedule for that time.

This is similar but different then the exception watch window, which tells TimeTrex even though it found a schedule, only look within the watch window to trigger the exception.

If TimeTrex can't find a schedule, it can't trigger those specific exceptions. So try adding a Schedule Policy and assigning it to your schedule for the day you are testing the exceptions on.
scosaunders

Post by scosaunders »

I don't mean to revive a dead thread but this seems to be a problem I am having. I added a schedule policy today to the recurring schedule template with a start/stop window of 1 hour as you explain. But I still don't get the In Early or Out Late exceptions. I do get the In Late and Out Early exceptions however even though I specified the start date for those recurring schedules to be almost two months ago from today, exceptions only seem to register for today, none for yesterday or any day before and none for tomorrow or any day after. I also created a meal policy which is assigned to that schedule policy and is also assigned to the policy group that I assigned the exceptions policy to. This auto deducts the correct amount of time for lunch on any day I have tried but didn't seem to start working until I added it to the policy group even when it was assigned to the schedule policy to start with. Could anyone provide any insight into these behaviors and especially directions on how to get exceptions working properly. Thanks.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The reason is because recurring schedules don't take effect retroactively, even if you set the start date to 2 months in the past, it will only start from the day you create it.

You have to use the Mass Schedule feature to create schedules in the past if you want to. Be careful though, because if you make a mistake its a one-by-one manual process to correct them in most cases.
scosaunders

Post by scosaunders »

What about the behavior exhibited here with the meal policy:
I also created a meal policy which is assigned to that schedule policy and is also assigned to the policy group that I assigned the exceptions policy to. This auto deducts the correct amount of time for lunch on any day I have tried but didn't seem to start working until I added it to the policy group even when it was assigned to the schedule policy to start with.
A question about the Current Exceptions list on the main "Home" page. When do exceptions show up here and do they show up for anyone other than the currently logged in user?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

There isn't much I can say regarding the meal policy. Simply that if its assigned to the scheduled shift (and the scheduled shift is actually committed (blue text) ) then it should work.

As for the exceptions, they show up on the home page when they are created, and they only show the currently logged in employees exceptions, correct.

Supervisors/Administrators can see other employees exceptions by going to TimeSheet -> Exceptions.