Policies Permissions

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
aeltalkhawy

Policies Permissions

Post by aeltalkhawy »

I'm using Timetrex 2.2.13

I want the Payroll Admin to Edit and view only his own policies(The ones he assigned to, or the ones he created, any one of them is good for me)

But when I Deny "Edit" and allow "Edit Own" for any policy in "Edit Permission Group" page, it removes the edit capabilities from the policies admin page.

The same applies to "Delete"/"Delete Own" and "View"/"View Own"

So he can't View/Edit/Delete his own policies if I gave him only "View Own"/"Edit Own"/"Delete Own" permissions
and if I gave him "View"/"Edit"/"Delete" permissions he could View/Edit/Delete any policies even if it isn't his.

Is that a bug in Timetrex or there is another way to do that and I don't know it?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

TimeTrex doesn't support what you are looking for.

Editing any policy group allows you to add additional employees to it, so as far as policies are concerned there is no "Edit Own" functionality, even though it appears in the permissions, it is effectively disabled.

Not to mention one policy often affects another, so editing one policy can greatly affect another policy even if the employee didn't create it, so this would likely be a very bad idea to begin with.
aeltalkhawy

Post by aeltalkhawy »

Thanks a lot Shaun for your answer