How to deduct IN Late - Absence Policy

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
blacksmith

How to deduct IN Late - Absence Policy

Post by blacksmith »

Given that:

Recurring Schedule Template: 8 hours; 8.30 am - 4.30 pm
Employee Wage Type: Hourly
Employee Wage: 1$ So it will be 8$ / day
Additional Information: Employee is allowed to punch IN late till 8.45 am without deductions.

In TimeTrex language; how can I configure the following:

Any late after 8.45 am, deduction of the whole day (8 hours) must be applied. i.e. 8$ must be deducted.

Thanks
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

I'm not sure I understand your question...

If the employee punches in at 8:46 and out at 4:30PM, not only do they not get paid, but you want to deduct $8 from their pay too, is that correct?
blacksmith

If the employee punches in at 8:46 and out at 4:30PM

Post by blacksmith »

Thanks for very quick response.
If the employee punches in at 8:46 and out at 4:30PM, they only do not get paid
Yes, that's right.
And accordingly, this day is considered absence day. And hence, employee don't get paid for that day (which is 8 $).
but you want to deduct $8 from their pay too
No, forget about this

Thank you.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

This is a tough one, since TimeTrex by default will pay for any time that employees are punched in. If the employee is an hourly employee and they are not punched in, they will obviously not be paid for that time.

However you could maybe setup a premium policy that is effective after 8:45AM that causes employees to be paid $0/hour for that time.
blacksmith

If employee punches IN at 8:46 am and after

Post by blacksmith »

Sorry, I have deviated a little bit from my objective. Please allow me to re-formulate the scenario again:

- I pay employees a base salary of 100$/month, which is completely independent from their attendance.
- I may pay more based on overtime, or less based on absences.
- Recurring Schedule Template: 8 hours; 8.30 am - 4.30 pm

How can I configure the following in TimeTrex:

If employee punches IN at 8:46 am and after, I want to deduct 10$ from their total monthly pay (100$).

Thank you.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

There is no automated system to do this within TimeTrex.

It can be done manually though. If the employee's wage is entered as Salary, the employee will get paid that amount of money plus any paid overtime, minus and docked absence time.

So if you create a Docked absence policy, and the employee punches in after 8:45AM, you can manually add enough docked absence hours to their day to deduct the amount of money that you wish.

The problem with this is that TimeTrex will calculate each employees hourly rate based off their salary to determine how much is deducted for each hour of docked absences.

In the future TimeTrex will allow multiple wage groups, so you could actually define a Salary, and as many separate hourly wages as you wish, then setup individual policies to base their calculations on any of those wages. This would work much better for you, but there is no still no automated way to do exactly what you want.
blacksmith

Thanks man. Thanks very much

Post by blacksmith »

Thanks man. Thanks very much