Late Punch Exception Not working w/rounding policy

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
drh

Late Punch Exception Not working w/rounding policy

Post by drh »

1. Late punch exception not working

This is what I have set up:
Recurring Schedule M-F 7:59 - 5:00 PM Schedule Policy = Default

Recurring Schedule - Template=Day w/22 employees

Exception Policy: Active Selection = Unschedule Absce
In Early & Out Early (grace=00:01, watch wind=01:00)
Long Lunch (grace=00:01) Missing In & out Punch &Missing Lunch In/Out Punch. I have all email notifications being sent to supervisor. The supervisors are not receiving emails also.

Rounding Policy:Type= Out Punch, Avg, Interval=00:15, grace=00:08 In Lunch, Type= Lunch Total, Avg. , Intv=00:15,Grace=00:08

Schedule Policy = Name=Default, Start/Stop Wind=01:00

How we normally calculate our time sheets.
1. 8:00 is considered a late punch & 5:00 pm is considered an early punch out.

2. We round punches in 15 minute intervals: In 's, Lunch out & Lunch In & Out's.

ie. 8:08 In = 8:08 I would like round to 8:15 & be a late punch
12:01: lunch = 12:00
12:58 Lunch = 1:00
5:02 Out = 5:00

Total hours = 7:45

Currently 7:58
12:01
1:01
5:05 rounds to 5:00

but then my total hours said 8:02 I would like it to round to 8:00 (how do I get this all to work)
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

I don't see an In Punch and Out Lunch rounding policy in your list, so those punches won't be rounded.

If you are just looking to round the total daily time, you can use the Total Day rounding policy type, which will just round the Out punch so the total time is within the rounding interval.

Please see our rounding policy course for more information:
http://www.timetrex.com/university.php?c=add6
drh

rounding

Post by drh »

When I did select the In rounding. It won't show me late punches for exceptions.

I don't want the out time to round. Only the total for the day.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

TimeTrex will only round punches, as the totals are based on that.

Having the punch times add up to one value, and the total show another is not accurate or able to be audited, so we stay away from that.
drh

Post by drh »

Am I to understand if it rounds down, it can't mark as a late.

ie. 8:04 In punch, rounding policy punches 8:00, so there is not late exception.

Shift starts at 7:59 with 1 minute grace. Why aren't punches at 8:01 showing as a late exception?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Exceptions are always based off the rounded time.

So if your rounding policy rounds the punch so that its not late, the late exception will not be triggered.
drh

Time Sheet Summary Report

Post by drh »

On our Time Sheet Summary Report all employees are showing Verified TimeSheet = No. Why is that?

I have a timesheet Hierarchy set up as follows:
(1) Manager = Root
(2) Supervisor = Manager
(3) Employee = Supervisor

The employee verified their own time sheet. The supervisor authorized the employee under them. Manager authorized supervisor and employee timesheet.
drh

Timesheet Summary Report

Post by drh »

Does the permission group settings for Managers play apart in the authorization of time sheets. Currently I have the permissions for the Hierarchy set to deny.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Are you viewing the TImeSheet Summary report for the same pay period that was actually verified?

Are any other timesheets showing as authorized?

When the Manager authorized the timesheets, did it say "Final" authorization level in the authorization history at the top of the page?
drh

Post by drh »

I am on the correct time period when I view the report.

There are no employees that say Yes, they all say no.

I don't remember if it said final when I verified them.
drh

Post by drh »

There is the only time sheet that is not verified. There manager is the only manager shared with Root.

The Authorization History does not say final in the window.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

What version of TimeTrex are you running?
drh

Post by drh »

we're running 2.2.15
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If you go to one of the employees (not supervisor or managers) TimeSheet for the pay period in question, what does it say in the far bottom left in the "Verification" table?
drh

Post by drh »

It says verified
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If I had to guess, I would say that your report is not on the correct pay period then.

When you generated the report, did you specify a start/end date at the top, or did you actually select the individual pay period?

I would try generating the Pay Stub Summary report for the last 3 pay periods. Does it show something other then "Verified: No" for the last 3 pay periods?

Its quite easy for these dates to get mixed up and be looking at the wrong pay period completely.

If thats not it, the only other thing it could be is some severe issue with your installation, or a bug that has never been reported before. In either case we would need access to your system to troubleshoot further.