PostgreSQL Setup Error

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
jpadkins49

PostgreSQL Setup Error

Post by jpadkins49 »

I am currently trying the install for v2.2.14 on a win2k3 machine. During the install process, I am receiving an error:

"User 'timetrex_postgre' could not be created: The password is too short or not complex enough.!"

The installation ends and I cannot proceed any further. Does anybody have an idea of why this is happening.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

v2.2.14 is an older version, please try installing the latest version (v2.2.19) instead.
jpadkins49

Upgraded New Verions

Post by jpadkins49 »

I have installed the latest version as you have suggested. Now I am getting the error on the first login as referenced below:

Config file (C:\TimeTrex\timetrex\includes\..\timetrex.ini.php) does not exist!

I need to make sure that this system works on my hardware before I purchase the professional verions. Any help is greatly appreciated.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The install wasn't able to complete properly then, likely due to a permission issue. Did you uninstall your old version and delete the directory completely before installing the latest one?
jpadkins49

Post by jpadkins49 »

Yes, I did run the uninstall and deleted the directory also. I even ran the .exe install file as an administrator in the win2k3 environment.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

In your TimeTrex directory you will find a install.log file, please email that to support@timetrex.com referencing this forum thread.
jpadkins49

Post by jpadkins49 »

This item has been fixed. I reverted back to an older version of Timetrex and just simply processed an upgrade from there. It seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for all your help.