Overtime Rounding

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
jpadkins49

Overtime Rounding

Post by jpadkins49 »

All,

We currently have an overtime policy that calculates employees time as time and half. I need that time and half time that they receive to round to the nearest quarter of an hour. Is there currently an item within timetrex that will address the rounding of the overtime policy or do I need to create a script to automatically round items that use this policy_id. Thanks for all the help.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You will need to setup rounding polices under: Admin -> Policies -> Rounding Polices
jpadkins49

Post by jpadkins49 »

I see the rounding policies that are in the system, but this item is based on the overtime policy. How do we create a policy for just the overtime policy. There is just an option for the punch type. Thanks for the help.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

It isn't possible to round just overtime, because overtime often shares at least one punch with regular time.

The closest you could get to what you want is a Day Total rounding policy, so only the last Out punch is rounded to make the total time for the day always be on the quarter hour interval.
jpadkins49

Post by jpadkins49 »

I will try both. Thanks for the quick response and help. This product has helped me a lot with the implementation of a T&A system.