Removing unused break time

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
SamG1

Removing unused break time

Post by SamG1 »

Hello and thanks for the help in advance.

I have set up one break policy that will auto-add 0:45 of break time for the workday.

How can I remove part of this time from an employees total time if they do not take the total :45 break?

Thanks again,

Sam
shaunw

Re: Removing unused break time

Post by shaunw »

Have you tried enabling: "Include Any Punched Time for Break:" in the break policy? Does that do what you want?
SamG1

Post by SamG1 »

I did try that and for some reason it gives a total break time of :15. I am not sure why but it will not give the agents the total :45 that I enter into the system. So the only way I can make a total break time of :45 work is by un-selecting that option.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You will need to provide more details as well as an example to so I'm sure I fully understand what you are asking.

As a test I created a 45min auto-add break policy with "Include" enabled, and punched out for 25min break and it added those 25mins back to my day so the break was essentially paid. With this setup TimeTrex will always add back in the employees break time to make the entire break time paid (up to a maximum of the break policy time)
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Based on the screenshot you sent me privately, I realize that you are actually trying to deal with employees taking multiple breaks each day, and in your example it shows up to three breaks.

Anytime you are dealing with multiple breaks in an auto-add/auto-deduct scenario, you need to create multiple break policies to handle them.

So in your situation you should create three break policies, with the Active After time set to when the break policy becomes active, so for example the first break policy may start after 1hr, the 2nd after 4hrs and the third after 6hrs. TimeTrex will then apply these policies to each break that employees take respectively.
SamG1

Post by SamG1 »

I broke up the breaks into 3 individual breaks of 15 minutes vs. 1 45 minute break and all works perfectly.

Thank you very much,

Sam