Upgrading pdf Paystub

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
ncepeda

Upgrading pdf Paystub

Post by ncepeda »

I have installed the newest version... I cannot get paystub to open as a pdf... Everything else seems to work fine.

-Updated:

Reports such as form 941 pdf do not work as well.
ncepeda

Re: Upgrading pdf Paystub

Post by ncepeda »

I went back and I went back to the previous version... It woks fine, but now i have a problem with paystub amendment list. It doesnt show any information. Just the line number # and the functions.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Please specify the exact version you upgraded from, to and back again, and the exact procedure that you followed.
ncepeda

Post by ncepeda »

I followed the steps in the readme file for the upgrade from 2.2.22 to the newest version available... It didnt wrk correctly. So I upgraded it back to 2.2.22 by replacing the new files with the backup as well as the tables with the old backup... I ran the upgrade back to 2.2.22. Everything seems to b fine except paystub amendments ... I have a picture attached of what it looks like. Technically, everything works fine including paystub amendments; however, it displays incorrectly.
Attachments
Picture 3.png
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

It appears that you have some files that are corrupted, or conflicting between versions. You didn't specify the exact version that you tried to upgrade to either. Sorry, "latest version" doesn't cut it, thats like saying you drive a Ford to a car mechanic.

At this point I would recommend taking a backup and doing a fresh install and restoring your backup.
allanregistos

Post by allanregistos »

shaunw wrote:It appears that you have some files that are corrupted, or conflicting between versions. You didn't specify the exact version that you tried to upgrade to either. Sorry, "latest version" doesn't cut it, thats like saying you drive a Ford to a car mechanic.

At this point I would recommend taking a backup and doing a fresh install and restoring your backup.
For the OP, I encountered a similar issue. First, I believe this is not a TimeTrex issue. In my installation in Linux, TimeTrex will open reports in PDF in Firefox just fine. But when I am using Google Chrome in Linux, viewing Pay Stub results in a blank grey window, no output. In Firefox, PDF will display fine. This is not limited to TimeTrex, but viewing any other web app-generated PDF document in Google Chrome beta for Linux will result in blank output. And I think the OP was using Google Chrome in Mac OSx is part of the problem. But I really don't know what the OP means after he installed the previous version and what browser at that moment he was using.