Meal Policy

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
dritan

Meal Policy

Post by dritan »

Please help me!
We have a company which have a group of users that is going to Lunch ex. 12:00 and another group ex. 13:00 with 1 hour time for Lunch.
I want to configure timetrex meal policy and Policy_Groups in order that it timetrex register the punches in this way:

If Time of Group1_Users punch is between 12:00 - 13:00,this should be registered as Lunch (1 hour lunch)
If Time of Group2_Users punch is between 13:00 - 14:00,this should be registered as Lunch (1 hour lunch)

So I have seen that Timetrex meal policy works based on first punch time so it's relative to the first entry, not to a fixed time. this is what I need!

Thanks and best regards!
Dritan
shaunw

Re: Meal Policy

Post by shaunw »

TimeTrex does not support meal policies based on a fixed time for many reasons, one of which you give a perfect example of. If the employee punches out for lunch at 11:59AM, it wouldn't be considered lunch, because the fixed time would be 12:00PM.

Instead I would recommend using our relative time meal windows, or a fixed time for lunch punches (ie: 1hr), or just have the employees specify when they go for lunch or not themselves.
dritan

Re: Meal Policy

Post by dritan »

Thanks Shaunw!
But if for ex. the meal time should be 12:00 - to 14:00 with one hour lunch time, and a person come late or he has taken permission for 3 hour in the morning, then after hi doesn't be able the lunch at that time. I'am using a method to interact with a punch hardware to take punches, and it doesn't recognise when it is lunch, normal or break entry, only if we apply this policies!
thanks again!