Pay Period: N/A status, Manually add Pay Period

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
titania

Pay Period: N/A status, Manually add Pay Period

Post by titania »

On the first time I created pay period schedule, which is the type is Monthly, then in the pay period list will appear 2 pay period , for example , the Name, Type, Status, Start, End, Transaction, and Functions of both 2 pay period is like below:

1. Monthly Pay Periode, Monthly, N/A, 01-Apr-08 12:00 AM, 30-Apr-08 11:59 AM, 01-May-08 12:00 PM

2. Monthly Pay Periode, Monthly ,OPEN,01-Mar-08 12:00 AM,31-Mar-08 11:59 PM,01-Apr-08 12:00 PM

then , when the date is ready on the transaction date of the OPEN pay period, and I have closed it, I found that the N/A pay period' status is not changed become OPEN.

what is wrong with that??
is it save if I manually add a new pay period ?? I mean, is it save if I create a pay period in that pay period schedule? I mean, in pay period list, I click "Add" button, then fill the start, end, and transaction date manually?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You should never need to create a pay period manually, TimeTrex will do it automatically for you. If you do create one manually there is a good chance it won't be done correctly and TimeTrex won't be able to automatically create subsequent pay periods for you.

The reason the status is N/A is because the pay period is a couple months away from actually starting. TimeTrex automatically creates the pay periods for you about 48hrs before they are scheduled to start.
edgoodwin

Re: Pay Period: N/A status, Manually add Pay Period

Post by edgoodwin »

In my pay period list the pay period I am currently in, for the last 3 days, is showing as N/A it is my understanding that TimeTrex should have created the pay period 48 hours or so before the period began on Saturday, correct?
How can I correct this with out manually creating a pay period or creating a new pay period schedule? Thanks.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If the pay period was not automatically created for you, there is a problem. If you try to manually create/modify the pay period it is likely that it won't be done correctly because if its off by even 1 second it can cause a major problem with lost data and you will need to continue to manually create them in the future until the problem is fixed.

The most common cause of this is modifying the pay period schedule after the pay periods have already been created which causes a conflict.

The best way to solve the issue is to create a new pay period schedule that is correct and migrate the data to this new schedule.

Please see this FAQ entry:
http://www.timetrex.com/wiki/index.php/ ... another.3F
joseggarza

Post by joseggarza »

I had a similar problem when I was using XP Home Edition. Home edition does not have the Automatic scheduler which is need it by timetrex. you need Windows XP Pro.

When you install TimeTrex it adds a schedule task to create periods automaticaly using a function from Windows that is missing on Home Edition.

I hope this info helps.