Associate employee with more than 1 Policy Group (screenshot

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
blacksmith

Associate employee with more than 1 Policy Group (screenshot

Post by blacksmith »

Please have a look at this red message. This happens when I try to associate one employee with more than one policy group.

Is this a bug? OR TimeTrex does not support associating one employee with more than one policy? And if so, will this be supported in future releases?

This is a very serious issue. Suppose I have two employees share the same overtime policy and have different premium policies. What shall I do?:shock: :? :x

Thanks

TimeTrex 2.2.14
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Thats correct, TimeTrex only supports having employees assigned to a single policy group at a time. This is by design and highly unlikely to ever change because it would caused many conflicts and problems if it did.

There is no limit to the number of policy groups you can have though. So if you have two employees that share the same overtime policy, but different premium policies, you need to make at least two policy groups, one for each employee, and assign the proper policies to each as well.
blacksmith

Post by blacksmith »

shaunw wrote:if you have two employees that share the same overtime policy, but different premium policies, you need to make at least two policy groups, one for each employee, and assign the proper policies to each as well.
This absolutely is a solution. But if I have large number of employees, this will lead also to large number of policy groups. Which takes a lot of time with the possibilities of getting error is highly possible.

Thanks for clarifying this important issue.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Correct, it depends on how your individual policies are setup, you may be able to combine some of them together, or use other variables to get what you want.

But we need to know the details of virtually every policy to offer suggestions on that.
blacksmith

Post by blacksmith »

shaunw wrote:But we need to know the details of virtually every policy to offer suggestions on that.
Thanks for your offer to help.

In order to save your time - I think you have a lot of support tickets, paid support and this nice forum - let me first apply them, If I have inquiries, I will post the case in summary and your suggestions are very welcomed.

Thanks