Previous Pay Period Requires Verification

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
MichelleM

Previous Pay Period Requires Verification

Post by MichelleM »

1. Clearly state what is happening, or what isn't happening that you feel should. If there are any error messages include the FULL EXACT error message.
We're testing TT in a non-production environment. A small group of employees have been back-filling timesheets so they get the "feel" of how TT works in regard to entering time, accruals, etc.

What's happening is that, even though all pay periods have the correct # of hours, the meal and holiday policies are working, all of a sudden, with this time period, I cannot Verify the timesheet. I do not even have the "Verify" button; I have the yellow "alert" message in the lower left-hand corner of the timesheet.

I am also not the only employee who is affected by this. Another employee is also experiencing the same, even though she has less backtime filled in than I have.

I did use the admin account to do a Mass Entry of my own employee (non-admin) hours but the other employee affected has entered all her own hours all by herself, with no admin intervention at all.
2. Clearly state the EXACT steps you took before the issue occurred, or steps to reproduce the issue. Providing screenshots can help greatly if it is possible.
Starting around the beginning of September, a small group of employees have been asked to retroactively fill in their time. Meal policies, holiday policies and accrual policies are also in effect. The Meal and Holiday policies seem to be working OK; the accrual policies I'm waiting on as they're a monthly occurrence.

I have also (quickly) checked the timetrex.log file and didn't see anything that indicated an error, but then again, I'm not sure what I'm looking for.
3. What version of TimeTrex you are running, specifically. (stating "the latest version" is not specific enough)
2.2.12 (yes, I will eventually upgrade but this was a manual install by necessity as you can see from the OS, hence the procrastination...)
4. What version of PHP you are using.
5.1.2-1ubuntu3.12
5. What operating system you are running.
Ubuntu Linux 6.06.2 / Linux 2.6.15-51-powerpc on ppc
6. What web server you are using.
apache2 2.0.55-4ubuntu2.3
7. What database server you are using.
5.0.22-Debian_0ubuntu6.06.10-log

Thanks!
Michelle
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Thanks for providing all those details, it helps greatly.

Verifying Timesheets actually has nothing to do with hours, and everything to do with the current time frame. You can only verify timesheets for pay periods that have already ended, and not yet passed the transaction date.

For example, if your pay period dates are like this:

Start: 01-Dec-08
End: 15-Dec-08
Transaction: 20-Dec-08

Timesheets can only be verified between 15-Dec-08 and 20-Dec-08. Regardless if employees have time entered in their timesheet or not.

So entering in historical timesheet information will not allow you to verify those timesheets.
MichelleM

Thank you!

Post by MichelleM »

OK, that makes sense when viewed in that light ... I guess my bulb was burnt out. :lol:

Also, the upgrade to 2.2.16 is in place and working.