New installation; admin receives access denied for most

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
silverfoxunlimited

New installation; admin receives access denied for most

Post by silverfoxunlimited »

Hello,
I completed a fresh install of TimeTrex Standard Edition V2.2.17 on my system. Installation completed without complication, every test passed and all checks showed as OK. After logging in for the first time, the only options the admin had access to is logout and home. While the initial page loaded, any links resulted in Access Denied.

I was never prompted for additional information due to first login. After setting debugging options and seeing that the information was not complete for the user, I filled the required address, city, phone number by using a direct insert into the database without luck. Now I see that it is showing an incorrect date format and I am not sure how to fix it.
Last edited by silverfoxunlimited on Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

It almost sounds like there is some sort of conflict between an old version of TimeTrex and the new.

The reason why you aren't seeing more menu options is likely caused by the permissions not being set to Administrator during the installation. Or there is a conflict with some cache files.

Try going through the installer once more (don't uninstall anything) and see if it complains about anything?

If not, you can use the tools/set_admin_permissions.php script to give the user Administrator permissions again.
silverfoxunlimited

Thank you for the response.

I have tried disabling cache, deleting the cache contents (/tmp/timetrex), deleting browser cache, and deleting browser cookies.

I have run the installer several times and the system does not appear to have any conflicts.
I have tried re-installing the database with the installer, allowing the installer to setup the schema priveliges, and tried leaving the database and replacing the files and running the installer after.

I have run tools/set_admin_permissions.php after each configuration attempt.

Somehow, I keep meeting with the exact same results. The only error I see anywhere is related to the date format.
Last edited by silverfoxunlimited on Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Are you running:

tools/set_admin_permissions.php

With the proper command arguments?

Something is definitely strange, almost sounds like the TimeTrex you are attempting to work on isn't the one you are actually logging into with your web browser.
silverfoxunlimited

Yes.
Last edited by silverfoxunlimited on Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

So if updating the Admin permissions didn't make a difference, what happens if you change the database password in timetrex.ini.php to something that is incorrect. Can you still login?
silverfoxunlimited

No.