Schedule Automation

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
bbrinkley007

Schedule Automation

Post by bbrinkley007 »

I am test driving TimeTrex to see if it can solve some issues we have with a growing employee base. Everything else is looking great, but I am having trouble with Automated Employee Scheduling. I want to know if version 2.2.18 standard will let me setup a reoccuring schedule that will take my employee base and automatically fill my schedule based on rules like:

employees work only 40 hrs per week
employees work 2 late shifts per week
employees work 3 Saturdays per month
employees work 1 Sunday per month
We want to run our operation at 80% of employee base as a general rule except on weekends. I would like to specify a different percentage if possible as demand dictates.

I was thinking that TimeTrex would allow for schedule optimization, but I am not understanding how to setup the schedule, reoccurring schedule/template, policies, etc... for our rotating schedule (I could handle everyone working 9-5 just fine). But double shifts with night shifts changing from week to week, days off float around too...the answer is eluding me.

I will be happy to take the Online University Course, so if some other users have had a similar experience and can verify that this sort of schedule optimization can be done and that the course will help me make it happen, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your input.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

At this time TimeTrex does not support creating schedules automatically based on shift coverage or percentage of work-force rules.