installing on OSX

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
westre

installing on OSX

Post by westre »

I am using the zip file to install since I have everything else already. I get all the way to step 3 Database configuration and it sits at 1% and never completes. I have looked at some posts and I turned on debugging in DatabaseSchema.php all I see is this comment (mysqlt): SHOW TABLES
I have blown away the DB and dbuser and all the files multiple times, reinstalled to the same results. the DB never has any schema applied. when I do the test connection it says it is ready to continue.
any ideas?
OSX 10.5.5
PHP 5.2.5
MySQL 5.0.67
Apache 2.2.9
Timetrex 2.2.19
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If you enable debugging in the DatabaseSchama.php file, you will see a couple lines of text appear where the bargraph used to be.

You need to highlight that text, and keep on highlighting down, as there can be several hundred or thousand lines below it. The only way to get to it is to highlight it all even though you may not be able to see it.

Getting more debug information would definitely help.
westre

Post by westre »

highlighted text: (mysqlt): SHOW TABLES

that is it!

by the way my OS is 10.5.5 server on an xserve intel
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

There is definitely more happening behind the scenes. You will need to find the actual error that is occurring. Check your PHP/Apache error logs, check your system logs, check your TimeTrex logs.

Failing that I recommend trying our automated installer, it doesn't conflict with existing web/database servers and only takes a few clicks to get running.
westre

Post by westre »

Found this in the apache log

[Wed Mar 04 09:48:19 2009] [error] [client ::1] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ADODB_Exception' with message 'mysqlt error: [1146: Table 'timetrex.system_setting' doesn't exist] in EXECUTE("\n\t\t\t\t\tselect \t*\n\t\t\t\t\tfrom\tsystem_setting\n\t\t\t\t\twhere\tname = 'system_version'\n\t\t\t\t\t")\n' in /Library/WebServer/Documents/timetrex/classes/adodb/adodb-exceptions.inc.php:78\nStack trace:\n#0 /Library/WebServer/Documents/timetrex/classes/adodb/adodb.inc.php(1042): adodb_throw('mysqlt', 'EXECUTE', 1146, 'Table 'timetrex...', '??????select ?*...', false, Object(ADODB_mysqlt))\n#1 /Library/WebServer/Documents/timetrex/classes/adodb/adodb.inc.php(998): ADOConnection->_Execute('??????select ?*...')\n#2 /Library/WebServer/Documents/timetrex/classes/modules/core/SystemSettingListFactory.class.php(91): ADOConnection->Execute('??????select ?*...', Array)\n#3 /Library/WebServer/Documents/timetrex/classes/modules/install/Install.class.php(252): SystemSettingListFactory->getByName('system_version')\n#4 /Library/WebServer/Documents/timetrex/interface/install/DatabaseSchema.php(148): Install->setVersions( in /Library/WebServer/Documents/timetrex/classes/adodb/adodb-exceptions.inc.php on line 78, referer: http://localhost/TimeTrex/interface/ins ... installer=
westre

Post by westre »

on the topic of the all-in-one installer. Is it running a secondary apache and db from the application folder? how does that not conflict with my other opensource apps running? should I let it install in applications or put it somewhere else?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

westre wrote:Found this in the apache log

[Wed Mar 04 09:48:19 2009] [error] [client ::1] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ADODB_Exception' with message 'mysqlt error: [1146: Table 'timetrex.system_setting' doesn't exist] in EXECUTE("\n\t\t\t\t\tselect \t*\n\t\t\t\t\tfrom\tsystem_setting\n\t\t\t\t\twhere\tname = 'system_version'\n\t\t\t\t\t")\n' in /Library/WebServer/Documents/timetrex/classes/adodb/adodb-exceptions.inc.php:78\nStack trace:\n#0 /Library/WebServer/Documents/timetrex/classes/adodb/adodb.inc.php(1042): adodb_throw('mysqlt', 'EXECUTE', 1146, 'Table 'timetrex...', '??????select ?*...', false, Object(ADODB_mysqlt))\n#1 /Library/WebServer/Documents/timetrex/classes/adodb/adodb.inc.php(998): ADOConnection->_Execute('??????select ?*...')\n#2 /Library/WebServer/Documents/timetrex/classes/modules/core/SystemSettingListFactory.class.php(91): ADOConnection->Execute('??????select ?*...', Array)\n#3 /Library/WebServer/Documents/timetrex/classes/modules/install/Install.class.php(252): SystemSettingListFactory->getByName('system_version')\n#4 /Library/WebServer/Documents/timetrex/interface/install/DatabaseSchema.php(148): Install->setVersions( in /Library/WebServer/Documents/timetrex/classes/adodb/adodb-exceptions.inc.php on line 78, referer: http://localhost/TimeTrex/interface/ins ... installer=
There is likely a different error that occurred before this. This error is saying that one of the tables doesn't exist.

As for the automated installer, it installs its own web server and database on different ports so they don't conflict with your already existing web server/database.