Installation and Permission Issues

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
marvineferrer

Installation and Permission Issues

Post by marvineferrer »

I installed timetrex ver2.2.20 with Postgresql 8.3 in a win2k server and it worked until recently. For some reason, whenever somebody logs in , it just stalls. So what I did was I re-installed by changing the "installer_enabled" value to TRUE in the timetrex.ini.php and ran the installer without a hitch. However, the problem persists.

So I re-installed again by grabbing a fresh copy of the source code with an empty database. After installing, I tried logging in again and I'm back to the same problem.

Then I did a fresh install but this time I used MySQL. So the installation was successful and I did not see any problems at all. However, the very first time I logged in as the admin, only the Logout button was available. I have no permission to the other menu options. I clicked on any item in one of the tables but I get "Permission denied" error.

I used the set_admin_permissions.php tool like so in the command line within the web root as follows:

php tools/set_admin_permissions.php admin

It said it found the user and it's applying the permissions. Then, it said to clear the cache so I did (browser cache and cache directory). When I logged in, I get the same problem.

Thanks in advance.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Did you use the automated installer, or did you install from the .ZIP file?

We recommend using PostgreSQL over MySQL whenever possible, so if possible if you can do a fresh install on PostgreSQL that will help.
marvineferrer

Post by marvineferrer »

shaunw wrote:Did you use the automated installer, or did you install from the .ZIP file?

We recommend using PostgreSQL over MySQL whenever possible, so if possible if you can do a fresh install on PostgreSQL that will help.
I installed from the zip file. I'm developing another application on this server so I'm not sure what will happen if I use the automated one.

Ok. Here's what I have done so far:

- Installed PostSQL 8.3
- Added its bin folder to the path
- Unpacked the source into a newly created directory
- Configured the timetrex.ini.php file (made sure that "type = postgres8" is enabled)
- Cleared the contents of the cache, storage and log folders
- Rebooted the machine (just to make sure)
- Launched the installer ... but I got stuck at the database configuration page. PostgreSQL is not in the selection.

So I double-checked my php_pgsql extension and it's where it's suppose to be and that my php.ini file also loads the extension properly.

I saw this post http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.ph ... t=phppgsql but I could not download php 5.2.5 and get its pgsql file. But this was not a problem when I installed timetrex the first time around.

Did I miss something?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If PostgreSQL isn't in the database list, then the PHP_PGSQL extension likely wasn't loaded for some reason.

On the System Requirements page of the installer, near the bottom there is a link to your PHP Configuration/Information, if you click on that, then search for PGSQL, you should see the PGSQL extension loaded, if not, then you know its an issue with PHP.
marvineferrer

Post by marvineferrer »

shaunw wrote:If PostgreSQL isn't in the database list, then the PHP_PGSQL extension likely wasn't loaded for some reason.

On the System Requirements page of the installer, near the bottom there is a link to your PHP Configuration/Information, if you click on that, then search for PGSQL, you should see the PGSQL extension loaded, if not, then you know its an issue with PHP.
Great answer! The extension was not loading. I did a phpinfo but I forgot to double-check if pgsql was loading there. I used the automated PHP installer to add extensions to make sure it's done properly. It seems that if I do it manually, somethings go "missing".

So far, it's working. I'm just going through the initial user setup. If anything else goes wrong, I will certainly let you know.

Thank you, Shaun!