Volunteer time management

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
Kallan

Volunteer time management

Post by Kallan »

G'day.

I'm a volunteer at a local non-for-profit sea rescue group, and I'm trying to help one of the other staff. Basically she is required to take in all these different logbooks/time sheets from all the members and account for how many hours they have done in relation to volunteer work. I was looking for a easier solution than her just doing everything manually in excel, and I wanted something open-source or at least total free ware because we are a non-for-profit. So obviously I came across Timetrex.

I was just wondering if you thought TimeTrex was a good solution for my problem.

Basically what would happen is we'd have a list of all volunteers, and each volunteer would do different activities, such as radio monitor, skipper, training, meeting, etc. For training, she'd need to be able to select the four volunteers on that boat, enter in the time they started and finished, hopefully in one form, and have some sort of way of associating them to that 'Training' activity.

Now I can't just permanently put each volunteer in a 'radio' group or a 'skipper' group because each person wears different hats, and everyone does meetings, etc.

I'd also love to use TimeTrex to centralise all our volunteer contact information and details, because at the moment it is all over the place in different books and contact groups and it gets out of date and out of sync very easy, never mind the security issues.

Anyways that's all I can think of at the moment, but please don't hesitate to ask for more information.

Thank you for your time,

Kallan
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You didn't provide much information to go on, so I would recommend giving it a try to see if it works for you or not.
Kallan

Post by Kallan »

I'm sorry, what more information do you wish for me to provide?

TimeTrex looks like something a bit too serious to just 'have a go' at with out knowing if it's even the right thing. I've tried quickly setting it up and playing around with it, but I'm not sure if it can even effectively manage volunteers or not, so that's why I asked on here.

Cheers