Can't allow delete punch Permission only

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
a.zakaria

Can't allow delete punch Permission only

Post by a.zakaria »

Hi All

I try to allow delete punch permission and prevent edit punch permission in the same time for specific group but i cant not.

when allow delete punch permission and deny edit punch permission and go to mytimesheet. there is not any option to delete punch. so to allow delete punch permission i must allow edit punch permission also. but i don't need that.

My Quesyion IS:
How to allow delete punch but not edit punch? and from where i can delete?

Thanks in Advance.
shaunw

Re: Can't allow delete punch Permission only

Post by shaunw »

Its not possible at this time.

Though I'm not sure why you would want to allow delete permissions and not edit permissions as well, as an employee could just delete a punch and re-add it at a different time anyways.
a.zakaria

Post by a.zakaria »

shaunw wrote:Its not possible at this time.

Though I'm not sure why you would want to allow delete permissions and not edit permissions as well, as an employee could just delete a punch and re-add it at a different time anyways.

Hi shaunw
Thanks for your reply.

I want allow delete permission only and not edit permission for the following reason:
my company have one shift in the day (8:00 am-3:00 pm), sometimes when regular employee come to make punch-in through the fingerprint machine, he may operates more than one punch in the same time by the fault, so the time-sheet will have more than one punch for one time (i.e 8:00 am, 8:01, 8:02). and this may occurred also through punch-out (i.e 3:00 pm ,3:01 pm).

For this, I need give permission for timekeeper to delete redundancy punches for some employee who make more than one punch for attendance or leave to become every day have one punch-in and one punch-out, but timekeeper can not edit or add punch.

Then when payroll employee need to see the time-sheet for every employee. He see only one shift in the day (1 P-IN and 1 P-out) to calculate the salary by specific way he need it.

Really, I appreciated your support.
another time thanks.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Are you currently a customer of ours and did you purchase the fingerprint reader from us? If so, please contact support@timetrex.com, as there are methods to avoid double/mistaken punches that may work better for you.