calculate the deduction of exceeding leave hour.

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
ecoprasinos

calculate the deduction of exceeding leave hour.

Post by ecoprasinos »

Hello, I need your help. If the employees had exceed their absence hour, How can I do in order to automatically calculate the deduction of exceeding absense hour of an employee on the Statement of Earnings and Deductions slip?

What I mean is that, the employees are given 112 hours per year of absence. 112 hours is considered as paid salary. So, if employees exceed the given hours, I want to deduct the salary based on their rate hours absence automatically on Statement of Earnings and Deductions slip.How can I do that?

Hope you can help me,
Many Thanks. :D
shaunw

Re: calculate the deduction of exceeding leave hour.

Post by shaunw »

Create two Absence policies, one that is of type "Paid" and withdraws the time from the employees accrual, and another that is of type "Dock" and does not withdraw the time from any accrual.

With those two policies when you enter an absence for an employee, you can use the first one until their balance is 0, then you can switch to using the second one thereafter. Its a manual process at the time of entering the absence, but TimeTrex shows you the balance on that screen so its easy to handle.

It would be possible to handle this in the Tax / Deduction engine, with the "Fixed Amount (w/Target)" calculation method, but its a little more tricky to setup and not as flexible, however it would be more automated.