Inconsistent Rounding Policy between Standard & Demo

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
allanregistos

Inconsistent Rounding Policy between Standard & Demo

Post by allanregistos »

Hello,

Accessing demo.timetrex.com as admin and set the rounding policy to: 30min > In > Round type: 00:30 Grace period: 00:15.
As expected, when I punch in at 8:15, it will be rounded to 8:00 and if punch in is 8:16, will be rounded to 8:30 etc.
This is in the demo version at: http://demo.timetrex.com
I recently downloaded the standard version 3.5.2, previously I have 3.1.1, but because there are inconsistent results in the rounding policy at that version, I downloaded 3.5.2 just to make sure.

However, when I set the rounding policy as the same above i.e. 30min > In > Round type: 0.30 grace period: 0.15. The results are not correct.
A punch in of 8:15 will be rounded to 8:18 instead of 8:00, punch in of 8:16, rounded to 8:18 instead of 8:30, punch in of 8:30 will be rounded to 8:36. This is why my many attemps to use rounding policy in the past so that I can compute proper overtime computation failed because of this. The is the same in my previous version 3.1.1.

Please see attachment for the actual action.

Am I missing something?

I configured timetrex as:
>semi-monthly
>8 hrs a day.
I have pay stubs succesfully printed.

Thanks & regards,
Allan
Attachments
tt-rounding-p.png
shaunw

Re: Inconsistent Rounding Policy between Standard & Demo

Post by shaunw »

You appear to be using two different types of units when you're inputting the round interval. 00:15 (0hrs and 15 minutes) is much different from 0.15 hours. Please use a consistent Time Unit format (under MyAccount -> Preferences) when inputting time values.
allanregistos

Re: Inconsistent Rounding Policy between Standard & Demo

Post by allanregistos »

shaunw wrote:You appear to be using two different types of units when you're inputting the round interval. 00:15 (0hrs and 15 minutes) is much different from 0.15 hours. Please use a consistent Time Unit format (under MyAccount -> Preferences) when inputting time values.
Thank you so much Shaunw. It works. My bad, I have wasted so much time with this without knowing that time format is the problem.

Regards,
Allan