Web hosting with SOAP Extensions

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
terrytech

Web hosting with SOAP Extensions

Post by terrytech »

I have been trying to get TimeTrex installed on hosted servers, but I can't seem to find a hosting company that can run it. The closest I have gotten so far is to have a host with PHP 5 installed. Can anyone recommend a few names of hosting companies that will be able to fully support TimeTrex? Is there a previous version that doesn't need SOAP extensions?

I am stuck on step 2:
TimeTrex Version: Unable to Check Latest Version
PHP Version: OK (v5.1.6)
Database Engine: OK
PHP BCMATH Enabled: OK
PHP SOAP Enabled: Warning: Not Installed. (SOAP extension must be enabled)
PEAR: OK
Writable TimeTrex Configuration File (timetrex.ini.php): OK
Writable Cache Directory: Warning: Not writable (/tmp/timetrex)
Empty Cache Directory: OK
Writable Storage Directory: Warning: Not writable (/var/timetrex/storage)
Writable Log Directory: Warning: Not writable (/var/log/timetrex)
PHP Safe Mode Turned Off: OK
PHP Memory Limit: OK

Thanks in advance for any help you may offer!
-T
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Even though we don't recommend using TimeTrex in a shared hosting environment, you could try:

http://www.netnation.com

We have worked with them in the past some, and they are an excellent hosting provider.

Of course you will want to confirm you can install TimeTrex on their servers before you go with them.
terrytech

Thanks

Post by terrytech »

Thanks Shaun, that tells me a lot. I would like to follow the recommended system/software specs. I guess I misunderstood the readme.txt note. Since it looks like I may need to build a dedicated box from the bottom up for this, can you post a recommended landscape for TimeTrex? Windows OS server, network connection type, a successful PHP version/Apache Server version/Sun JDK combination? I am going as cheap as possible, for a company with less than 10 employees.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

TimeTrex doesn't require anything fancy. Operating system wise we recommend whatever you are most comfortable with, other than that the latest version of both PHP and Apache are always your best bet. TimeTrex doesn't require Java so that isn't needed.

Keep in mind you always have the option to go with our On-Demand solution if you are looking to get up and running inexpensively. TimeTrex Standard Edition On-Demand is in the range of $1.75/employee each month.