Installation Help...missing Files?

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
Jasonsweeney

Installation Help...missing Files?

Post by Jasonsweeney »

Ok, so I have a precompiled php in my linux system, so turning on soap and bcmath would be a lot of work.

so I opted for your package. Unfortunally when I run through teh install it does not install the start, stop, or restart files. This causes the postgresql to not start during installation I think. I try running it a second time and it passes but still doesnt put teh files there.

Ok, I have a windows server, ill do it there then. I download and run the install and lol its missing the .bat start files too!

Ok What did I do wrong? I have FC 6 and windows 2003 server and somehow got teh same problem on both.

???
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Okay, well lets focus on a single operating system. We recommend Linux over Windows whenever possible, so lets start there.

When you say it didn't install the start/stop/restart files, where did you check for these files?

Since the installation packages are designed to be completely self contained and do not require root access to install, the start/stop/restart files are located in the installation directory itself. If you want to start TimeTrex on boot you need to manually add them to your init scripts.
Jasonsweeney

Post by Jasonsweeney »

shaunw wrote:Okay, well lets focus on a single operating system. We recommend Linux over Windows whenever possible, so lets start there.

When you say it didn't install the start/stop/restart files, where did you check for these files?

Since the installation packages are designed to be completely self contained and do not require root access to install, the start/stop/restart files are located in the installation directory itself. If you want to start TimeTrex on boot you need to manually add them to your init scripts.
Yes Sir,

I would rather Linux as well.

Ok upon reaching 100% on the installation meter (Starting from Scratch) I get this:
"root" execution of the PostgreSQL server is not permitted.
The server must be started under an unprivileged user ID to prevent
possible system security compromise. See the documentation for
more information on how to properly start the server.

Error: There has been an error.
Error running /opt/TimeTrex/postgresql/bin/psql -U postgres -c "CREATE ROLE
timetrex LOGIN PASSWORD '681075c51' NOSUPERUSER NOCREATEDB NOCREATEROLE VALID
UNTIL 'infinity';" : psql.bin: could not connect to server: Connection refused
Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5433?

Thinking it was mostly because it didn't start I went to \opt\TimeTrex and looked in there as well as teh timetrex sub folder. The .sh Files are not in either of those. I can also Grep the ps and not see Postgres sql running anywhere.

-jas
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Are you running the installer while logged in as root?

If so, please create a "timetrex" user or use some other user and run the installer logged in as that user instead.
Jasonsweeney

Post by Jasonsweeney »

shaunw wrote:Are you running the installer while logged in as root?

If so, please create a "timetrex" user or use some other user and run the installer logged in as that user instead.
That Worked Perfectly Shaunw. Thanks, I woudln't have thought of it.

-Jas