Punches After Midnight

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
ksitztfl

Punches After Midnight

Post by ksitztfl »

Hello Everyone,

I am using the Time Trex system live right now. I have a user that punched in before midnight and out after midnight the following day. The hours did not register for these dates. Does anyone have any suggestions or answers on how this can be corrected?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Please provide more information. What do you mean by the times didn't register for these dates? Did the punches not appear in the employees timesheet at all?

TimeTrex fully supports 24hour operations and punches that span midnight, so there should be no problem in that regard.
ksitztfl

Post by ksitztfl »

Sorry let me be more clear.

A employee punches in at 10pm today, they punch out at 4am the following day. Today should account for 2 hours 10pm-12pm and tomorrow should account for 4 hours 12am-4am, for a total of 6 hours. In the system you cannot punch in at 10pm and punch out at 4am. And you cannot add those punches in either.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

I'm still confused. What is stopping you from punching in at 10pm and out at 4am in TimeTrex? Are you getting an error message? Can you please describe in a step-by-step fashion what you are doing?

Do you want all the time (even 4am punches) to be included on the previous day (same day as the 10pm punches), or the day they were punched on?

Can you provide screenshots of what is happening by chance?

Again, TimeTrex fully supports punches that span midnight, so I'm trying to figure out exactly what you are doing (or not doing) that is keeping you from getting the results you want.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

I received your screenshot, what you need to do is delete the 4AM punch, then click on the blank cell directly below the 10PM punch, and enter 4:00AM, then change the date field to the following day.

I'm going to guess that you may be using the "Add: Punch" button, which may what is causing you problems. You only need to use the Add: Punch button when there isn't a blank cell to click on for the day.

You may also need to increase the Daily Continuous Time setting for your pay period schedule if you're having problems with employee punches creating that "gap" and not totaling properly. Increasing that value to 6hours may help.
ksitztfl

Post by ksitztfl »

This is the error message I get when I try to put the punch into the box below the 10pm entry:

Out punches cannot occur before an in punch in the same punch pair.

Our Continuous Time Span is 12:00. What you are stating is that I should increase it to 18:00?
HammoD

Post by HammoD »

Hi Shaunw,

I have the same error message "Out punches cannot occur before an in punch in the same punch pair." but with different conditions. I mean we work from Sat->Wed 8:00am -> 5:00pm with one hour luch break.

The question will be: How can we avoid such error to appear. I mean what are the menus those sould be configured to avoid this issue to appear.

Please advice.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

That error message usually appears when you are trying to add a punch that comes before the punch immediately preceding it.

For example:

In: 8:00AM
Out: <BLANK>

If you click on the blank cell, and try to add a punch for 7:00AM (before the previous punch), it will fail with that message.