Absence Policy - Schedule (Mass & Recurring) screenshots

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
blacksmith

Absence Policy - Schedule (Mass & Recurring) screenshots

Post by blacksmith »

The problem is that TimeTrex doesn't calculate total time and regular time as it should be according to Policies and Recurring Schedule.

I configured 2 Absence policies:

1. week ends absence ---> Paid
2. less time worked -----> Unpaid

I configured 2 Schedule policies:

1. week ends absence linked to the above Paid policy
2. less time worked linked to the above Unpaid policy

I configured one Recurring Schedule Template:

Week 1 - checked S, S, M, T, W - In 8 am - Out 5 pm - Schedule policy No. 2 above (less time worked)

Again, Week 1 - checked T,F - In 8 am - Out 5 pm - Schedule policy No. 2 above (week ends absence)

That means that the company works 5 days per week from 8 am - 5 pm from Sat to Wed. And if employee worked less than 9 hours, it must be unpaid hours

Thu and Fri are off. They are paid absence.

I configured one Recurring Schedule that is linked to the above template.

This is MyShedule when I click on Schedule> MySchedule on the top horizontal menu. What does these small "R" means?

And finally, this is MyTimeSheet. I think that it should show that Thursday and Friday are worked. And also to show that there are unpaid worked hours (less hours worked).

All help are appreciated. Thanks

TimeTrex Standard Edition v2.2.8
PHP 5.2.5
Windows XP Pro SP2
Apache 2.2.8
MySQL 5.0.51a
Last edited by blacksmith on Mon May 19, 2008 3:57 am, edited 5 times in total.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

When did you add the recurring schedule? Recurring schedules don't take affect retroactively, so if you added the schedule on May 17th, you won't see anything on the timesheet prior to that date. They also don't take effect immediately after they are submitted, you usually have to wait between 1 and 24hrs before schedules are put in place.

The "[R]" on the schedule means its a recurring schedule shift, and therefore it only becomes a "full blown shift" about 4hrs before the shift is scheduled to start. Then the [R] is removed and the shift turns to blue text.
blacksmith

Thanks very much

Post by blacksmith »

Thanks very very much. This was so helpful.

I will wait the maximum 24 hours to see the effect of the schedule after the schedule configure date.

Thanks again.
blacksmith

Mass Schedule has worked

Post by blacksmith »

I completed all possibilities to make the Recurring Schedule work, but it didn't. Even if punching Recurring Schedule adding date. And also after I waited 24 hours for schedules to put in place.

Now, I tried what is called Mass Schedule from the horizontal top menu (Schedule tab) and it worked immediately.

This is Mass Schedule configurations for working days (Sat - Wed)

This is Mass Schedule configurations for week ends days (Thu - Fri)

This is the immediate effect of Mass Schedule on MySchedule.

And finally this is the effect on My TimeSheet. There is no any punch this month. It works perfect for absence days. Also perfect for week ends which are paid absence.

There is a disadvantage of Mass Schedule that the possibilities of mistakes are highly possible when entering schedules for large number of employees. Even for small numbers.

Recurring Schedule eliminate this risk by creating template for all possible schedule and just assign template for each employee or employee group.

If any one has Recurring Schedule worked with him/her, please advise.

Thanks for all.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Yes, Recurring Schedules are similar to Mass Scheduling, only recurring schedules are "put in place" or "scheduled" just before each shift is about to start. Making it easy to make changes without having to do a whole bunch of corrections after the fact like you would with the mass scheduling. Plus they don't need to be manually entered each week or month.

The thing with the recurring scheduling is that your maintenance jobs need to be running correctly for them to work. If you just mass scheduled everyone though, recurring schedules won't override already scheduled shifts, so you won't know if they are working until you come to a day that isn't already scheduled.

If recurring schedules aren't being converted to full blown schedules, something is likely wrong with your maintenance jobs. Which probably means TimeTrex isn't installed properly and you will run into huge issues very soon if its not fixed. Maintenance jobs are critical to the operation of TimeTrex.
blacksmith

Maintenance Job are very important

Post by blacksmith »

Thanks very much for your reply.

Honestly, I didn't care so much with the Maintenance Job of TimeTrex.

I will keep performing Maintenance Job periodically and see results.

Thanks again.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Again, the maintenance jobs MUST be added to Windows Task Scheduler and be run every minute. They are critical to the proper operation of TimeTrex. Running the maintenance jobs manually is also not an option, they MUST be run at specified times, hence the reason they have to be added to the Task Scheduler.

I can't stress this enough, if you don't have the maintenance jobs running properly, TimeTrex simply will not function properly. It may SEEM like it is, but I can assure you that it is not. Pay periods won't be created, totals won't be correct, schedules won't appear, exceptions won't work properly, holidays definitely will not work, policies won't be calculated properly, the list goes on.
blacksmith

TimeTrex makes day by day scheduling

Post by blacksmith »

TimeTrex makes day by day scheduling based upon Recurring Schedule Template. Is this normal? I think it must schedule the whole pay period at once.

Maintenance Job task are running perfectly every minute without any stop.

Thanks very much

TimeTrex Standard Edition v2.2.10
PHP 5.2.5
Windows XP Pro SP2
Apache 2.2.8
MySQL 5.0.51a
Firefox 2.0.0.14
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Yes, TimeTrex takes recurring schedules and turns them into committed schedules each day just before the shift is scheduled to start.

This is by design, so it allows employers to change recurring schedules as late as possible and still have those changes take effect. Once a schedule has been committed its much more difficult to change it.

Not only that, but a committed schedule also causes exceptions to trigger too, so if you scheduled a week, or pay period in advance, the employee could have 7-14 "Unscheduled Absence" exceptions for days in the future, if you had Undertime Absence policies assigned to the schedule as well, they would be docked 40-80 hours for days in the future as well.

This would obviously be extremely confusing to the employee.