PostgreSQL Installation Error

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
bronzini

PostgreSQL Installation Error

Post by bronzini »

I am attempting to install TimeTrex 2.2.8 on a Windows Server 2003 domain controller. However, I am receiving the error message: "Internal account lookup failure: no mapping between account names and security IDs was done." I read elsewhere that the installation should be performed minus the PostgreSQL and then the database can be set up separately. What would the steps be to complete such an installation? In what order should the installation be completed (database first? or timetrex?) and what needs to be done to prepare the database for TimeTrex use? Thank you for your help.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Does this Microsoft hotfix resolve the issue by chance?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/890737
bronzini

Post by bronzini »

Thanks for the speedy reply. I will try it first thing in the morning with the new installer pack I just saw. Get back to you ASAP.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If that doesn't work, uninstall TimeTrex completely, delete the TimeTrex directory itself so there is no trace of it at all, then try to install this version from scratch:

http://www.timetrex.com/download/TimeTr ... taller.exe

Please let us know if it works, if it does, we will need you to repeat the process with another installer to confirm that a less intrusive fix works. Therefore I recommend that you don't begin setting up TimeTrex or entering any data into it until the second installer we send you works.
bronzini

Post by bronzini »

According to that hotfix it's only for Windows XP Pro machines. And it would not allow installation of the hotfix because of this. I will try the next suggestion. Thank you.
bronzini

Post by bronzini »

It appears that beta installer was effective. I created the first user account. I believe you wanted me to try something else now? Let me know. Thanks so much for your help Shaun. You're a life saver.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Excellent, can you give this installer a try now and see if it works as well? If it doesn't work, you probably won't see the same error message, it will just continue on, but fail when TimeTrex tries to initialize the database or something.

http://www.timetrex.com/download/TimeTr ... taller.exe
bronzini

Post by bronzini »

same file size. same link. different files?
bronzini

Post by bronzini »

I haven't reinstalled it yet, because that link you gave me appears to link to the same file. Let me know what you'd like me to do. Thanks.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Its a different file, the changes are minor in the file itself, but extremely significant to this issue.

The issue you originally ran into is a very strange Windows bug by the looks of things. Changing the type of GUI the installer uses appears to make the difference between it working and not working. (no idea why, but it does)

So we're trying to find the best setting that works and doesn't change the way the installer operates if at all possible.

If this one doesn't work, we may need to test up to two more. Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated as we have been unable to replicate this issue on our end.
bronzini

Post by bronzini »

Installing right now. Willing to help w/ whatever you'd like today. I'd love to get the software up for use tomorrow. Thanks!
bronzini

Post by bronzini »

I just downloaded the new installer from the link posted. I installed it and it seems to be working flawlessly. I added the first user w/ no problems.

I have a quick question as well. Over the next couple years, with about 80 employees, how large would you expect a database to grow? At installation I believe it's about 170 MB.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Just to confirm. Did you do a complete uninstall of your previous TimeTrex installation and delete the TimeTrex directory before running this "b1" installer?

The reason for this is that if you don't do it, the next time you run the installer it just does an upgrade of the TimeTrex files and doesn't touch the database at all.

The database won't get large at all. It depends on the number of punches per day mostly, but as a super high estimate it will stay under 2GB most likely.
bronzini

Post by bronzini »

Yes. I completely uninstalled the previous TimeTrex installation (database and all) and deleted the directory before attempting the second b1 installation.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Excellent.

Thank you very much for helping us resolve this issue.
bronzini

Post by bronzini »

Should I leave the current installation? Thanks again for your help.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Yes, the current installation should be fine for you to continue setting up. The only difference is the way the install itself occurred, the actual version of TimeTrex is the same.