Overtime Policies

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
kplunkert

Overtime Policies

Post by kplunkert »

Good Morning All,

I can't seem to make overtime policies work the way I want them to.

If the user works over 40 hrs. he gets paid overtime. That works fine most of the time. The problem I have is that the Memorial Day Holiday. It recorded overtime as regular time.

How do I fix this policy?

Thank you very much

KJ Plunkert
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Make sure you setup holiday policies so TimeTrex knows that memorial day is in fact a holiday and that employees are eligible for it.

If you are doing this retroactively you will most likely have to manually add previous holidays for each holiday policy. (click Holidays beside the holiday policy)

Then simply setup a overtime policy of type: "Holiday", that is active after 0 hours and TimeTrex will automatically make all time worked on a holiday as overtime.
kplunkert

Not exactly the situation

Post by kplunkert »

The holiday policy is setup to give 8 hours

The overtime policy kicks in after 40 hours.

So in this situation the user got 8 hours of holiday pay for Memorial Day. On Thursday he worked 10 hours. The other days he worked 8 hours.

What should happen is he should get 8 hours holiday pay, 32 hours of regular pay and 2 hours of overtime.

Any ideas?

KJ Plunkert
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

I see, so you want to include the 8 hours of holiday absence time towards their weekly overtime?

If thats the case, unfortunately TimeTrex doesn't support this scenario. Overtime can only be calculated on "worked time", not absence time.

You would have to manually punch the employees in/out (mass punch) for TimeTrex to include that time in the weekly overtime calculation.