Users' punches aren't registering on correct day

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
rdiekema

Users' punches aren't registering on correct day

Post by rdiekema »

The date and time of the server are correct, and not all users are experiencing the issue. Three users are unable to punch in on the current day, every punch they make even though the punch window shows today's date and current time, registers on the time sheet as a punch for yesterday. Could this be caused by missed punches or out of order punches? i.e. user punches:

Normal IN
Break IN
Break OUT
Lunch OUT
Lunch IN
Normal OUT

Other users are able to punch in and out normally without any of these issues.

I'm running this on an Ubuntu 7.10 linux server PHP5 MySQL 5 and the maintenance jobs are running through a script in the cron.hourly directory.

I've combed the forums, but haven't seen an issue similar to this yet. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Go to Admin -> Payroll -> Pay Period Schedule, click edit on your pay period schedule.

What is the daily continuous time set to?
scosaunders

Post by scosaunders »

What is the daily continuous time? Would that be 8:00 for 8 hours a work day? also for the Pay Period Schedules i set the timezone to MST and the system time is correct but I just noticed it is MDT. I have noticed a difference in punch times to be an hour off and I think that is the reason. I don't see an option for MDT in the timezone's list but I do see MST7MDT. What is that? And what is the difference between these options that you have available for timezone selection -> US/Arizona, US/Mountain, America/Boise, MST7MDT, and MST? To my understanding these are all very similar but I don't know which one to select. What I believe I need is MDT which respects daylight savings time and is mountain time as well but I do not see that explicit option.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

MST7MDT observes daylight savings and automatically switches back and forth to DST.

However, if you are changing timezones now when punches were already entered in previous timezones, you may need to manually modify those punches so they are correct.
scosaunders

Post by scosaunders »

Do US/Mountain, America/Boise, and America/Denver all behave the same as MST7DST, observing daylight savings?

Thanks for the note about modifying punches. Now, depending on the number of punches previously made that could get rather tedious and time-consuming and would introduce the possibility of user error for each change. Any other way to simplify/streamline making those changes?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Yes, US/Mountain, America/Boise, and America/Denver all behave in a similar fashion. TimeTrex's TimeZone database is based off standard timezone names.

There is no quick way to modify many punches, but they only need to be modified if they are incorrect of course. This is why we recommend that you always have the proper timezone selected.
rdiekema

RE:

Post by rdiekema »

shaunw wrote:Go to Admin -> Payroll -> Pay Period Schedule, click edit on your pay period schedule.

What is the daily continuous time set to?
Our HR manager had set the daily continuous time to 24hrs. After reading the administrators guide, I changed this to 0 as we do not have any shifts past midnight. Once this was changed the issue was resolved.

Hope this helps out anyone else having trouble.