Recurring Schedule Problem

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
bsarori

Recurring Schedule Problem

Post by bsarori »

I actually have two problems.

1- As I know, Recurring Schedules should take effect about 4 hours before the actual scheduled time. But this is not happening and I can not see Docked hours and Exception on Timesheets unless I do a Mass Schedule for all employees. I do not know what the problem is? I have Maintenance Jobs running properly. I am currently running TimeTrex 2.2.5 and the same problem also exists on 2.2.10.

2- I tried out TimeTrex 2.2.10 which according to the release notes has some bug fixes to the Mass Schedule. In a older release (2.2.5) I can do a Mass Schedule for all employees at once but now (using 2.2.10) when I try to do a Mass Schedule for more than one employee the Mass Schedule always fail.

Any help will be appreciated.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

We will need to get more information about your system, please follow this FAQ entry:
http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?t=89
bsarori

Post by bsarori »

OK I am using the following:
Apache 2.0
PHP Version 5.2.0-8
MySQL version: 5.0.32
Server: Debian 4
TimeTrex Business Edition: 2.2.5

Is this all information you need?
shaunw

Re: Recurring Schedule Problem

Post by shaunw »

bsarori wrote:I actually have two problems.

1- As I know, Recurring Schedules should take effect about 4 hours before the actual scheduled time. But this is not happening and I can not see Docked hours and Exception on Timesheets unless I do a Mass Schedule for all employees. I do not know what the problem is? I have Maintenance Jobs running properly. I am currently running TimeTrex 2.2.5 and the same problem also exists on 2.2.10.
Please enable logging as per the above mention FAQ entry, wait about 1 day, then .ZIP the log and email it to support@timetrex.com and mention this thread in your email.
bsarori wrote: 2- I tried out TimeTrex 2.2.10 which according to the release notes has some bug fixes to the Mass Schedule. In a older release (2.2.5) I can do a Mass Schedule for all employees at once but now (using 2.2.10) when I try to do a Mass Schedule for more than one employee the Mass Schedule always fail.
This should be fixed in v2.2.11, in the mean time if you enable the "Overwrite" flag at the bottom of the Mass Schedule page, it should work around the issue.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

I received your log file, everything appears to be working normally, except many of the recurring schedules are conflicting with already existing schedules, so they are never committed.
DEBUG [360]: <b>RecurringScheduleControlFactory::getShiftsByStartDateAndEndDate()</b>: Start Date: 17-Jun-08 2:00 PM AST End Date: 17-Jun-08 7:00 PM AST<br>
DEBUG [1306]: <b>ScheduleFactory::Validate()</b>: User Date ID: 634<br>
DEBUG [1319]: <b>ScheduleFactory::Validate()</b>: Conflicting Schedule Shift ID:240 Schedule Shift ID: <br>
DEBUG [503]: <b>Validator::Error()</b>: Validation Error: Label: start_time Msg: Conflicting start time<br>
DEBUG [482] Array: <b>Validator::isValid()</b>: Errors
<pre>
Array
(
[start_time] => Array
(
[0] => Conflicting start time
)

)
</pre><br>
DEBUG [268]: <b>[Function]()</b>: Bad or conflicting Schedule: 17-Jun-08 9:00 AM AST<br>
Keep in mind that if you have a scheduled shift in place, for example:

9:00AM to 5:00PM

and you have a recurring schedule setup for 4:00PM to 8:00PM, the recurring schedule will never appear, because it conflicts with the already existing schedule (they overlap by one hour)