Data is sticked many times

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
blacksmith

Data is sticked many times

Post by blacksmith »

Many times in TimeTrex data has been stuck.

For example, during my testing to currency and pay stub, I changed the currency in the employee page to see how the report will be generated. The test has passed successfully.

The currency has been sticked in the pay stub report (not the pdf). I changed it in the employee page. Also I deleted the currency completely. But still generate reports according to currency conversion rate.

Another case is in taxes. Taxes numbers has been sticked in the pay stub (pdf). Even if I changed it in the Tax/Deduction page, it is still exist in the pay stub (pdf).

There are many cases passed during my test. But unfortunately, I didn't record them exactly. I will post them specifically as soon as I faced with them.

Is there is any explanation for this?

What should be done in such cases?

Maintenance job works without stop starting from the date of installing TimeTrex.

Thanks very much.

TimeTrex Standard Edition v2.2.10
PHP 5.2.5
Windows XP Pro SP2
Apache 2.2.8
MySQL 5.0.51a
Firefox 2.0.0.14
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Changing an employees currency in their profile, does not affect historical data at all. It only affects new data.

So if you change an employees currency, it won't immediately convert all their historical pay stubs to the new currency, since that would essentially corrupt your historical data. However any new pay stubs will be in the new currency.

However, when you change the currency on the report, TimeTrex just does a real-time conversion specifically for that report, it doesn't modify any data whatsoever.

The same things occurs with any tax/deductions. If you modify a tax/deduction, you need to re-generate any pay stub that you want it to affect.

This is also how changing policies works, and many other things in TimeTrex, historical data is rarely changed in TimeTrex without additional actions.
blacksmith

Thanks for your reply

Post by blacksmith »

Thanks for your reply