Regular Time punches don't affect Pay Stub account

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
blacksmith

Post by blacksmith »

I don't want Regular Time punches in timesheet to affect any regular time Pay Stub account whatever what I named it. I just want to determine the wage rate, and OverTime rate that depends on the wage rate.

So the overtime amount show in the pay stub without showing the accumulated regular time amount.

I tried to remove Regular Time account linking, but the pay stub didn't appear.

I tried to disable the Regular Time account in pay stub account list, but this also has no effect.

Please tell me about any possible way to do this.

Thanks very much
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

TimeTrex doesn't really support this...

Can you explain what your reasoning is, perhaps there is another way to achieve the same results?
blacksmith

Post by blacksmith »

Yes of course. Thanks for trying to find me a solution.

The applied pay system in all organizations here - this is the Employment Law - is the pay items. Every employee takes three pay items:

1. Basic pay (salary) (In TimeTrex, it is a recurring pay stub amendments)
2. Variable pay (salary) (In TimeTrex, it is a recurring pay stub amendments)
3. Any other allowances (has too many types including overtime) (In TimeTrex, it is a recurring pay stub amendments except for the overtime )

So attendances have no effect on the pay (salary). Every one has attended or not attended, all will take their salary. The effect here depends on the absence or the under time worked.

You may suggest calculating wage rate for each pay item.
But this will results in - in case of less time attended - a less amount in the pay stub than that it should be (that is in the employment contract) and this is illegal.

But still we need to determine the wage rate because in TimeTrex, overtime rate depends on (is a function of) wage rate, and the absence or under time is calculated (dock, paid, unpaid) based on the wage rate.

Wage rate is the sum of basic, variable, and some allowances divided by number of worked days.

The summary:

- Basic, variable, and allowances should appear as fixed amounts in the pay stub.

- Wage rate must be determined because overtime and absence/undertime depend on it.

- Overtime earnings and absence/undertime deductions amounts will appear in the pay stub

Sorry for these somewhat complications but it is the life :) It is the case

My suggestions:

- Remove the link between pay stub and Regular Time account linking but pay stub didn't appear. And as you said:
TimeTrex doesn't really support this
- Manually determine the overtime rate. I mean overtime don't depends on the wage rate.

- Manually determine the absence/undertime rate. I mean absence/undertime don't depends on the wage rate.

- I tried to set the wage rate to be 1/month. And the overtime rate whatever I want because overtime x 1 = overtime. In the pay stub, regular earning will be 1, I then deduct a fixed amount of 1 from each employee. This was appeal to be the most best solution. But it appeared to be not valid because overtime is per hour and wage is per month (is this right?Please correct me.).

Also there is no way to determine manually the absence rate.

- Finally I decided to determine the wage rate, and overtime rate as very ordinary. A regular time amount will show in the pay stub for each employee, I will have to manually deduct this amount from each employee.

Although TimeTrex is mainly to automate things and make life easier, but it still an effective program. It is OK to make some efforts and manually edit some items.

Thanks man for reading all this. If you have any suggestion, please tell me.

Thanks very much.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Not sure I fully understand what you are asking, but lets see:

You pay employees a base salary, which has nothing to do with their attendance.

However, you may pay more based on overtime, or less based on absences?

This is exactly how TimeTrex handles a salaried employee (select salary when you enter their wage). TimeTrex will always pay them their salary, unless there is overtime (paid more), or unless their is docked absence time (paid less).

So if you don't want employees to be docked pay, make sure any absences that are entered are not of type: dock.

TimeTrex can still calculate the employees hourly rate based off their salary to figure out overtime wages etc...

Am I missing something?
blacksmith

wage rate calculations & two figures monthly wage

Post by blacksmith »

You pay employees a base salary, which has nothing to do with their attendance.

However, you may pay more based on overtime, or less based on absences?
That's right.
TimeTrex can still calculate the employees hourly rate based off their salary to figure out overtime wages etc...
How the wage rate is being calculated? I tried many calculation, but I didn't reached the exact number.

Am I missing something?
No, but I have another important piece of information:

Suppose the base salary consists of:

1. Basic Salary 1000
2. Variable Salary 500

Total is 1500 that should be put as the monthly wage.

I have 2 types of employee deduction (social insurance). They are calculated as 14% from the Basic Salary and 11% from the Variable salary.

I calculated them earlier when I was set Basic and Variable Salary as pay stub amendments. But now they will be combined in one figure.

Please advice me regarding this.

Thanks for your patience.