Permissions issue

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
lb

Permissions issue

Post by lb »

Hi,

I'm trying to give "Regular Employees" permission to edit their own attendance/punch information. I've gone into the Edit Permission screen and under "punch" permissions have allowed {Enabled, view own, Add, Edit own, Delete own, Verify, and all other Edit XXX Field:s}. Yet the Employees don't see the Edit or Delete buttons in the Timesheet->Hour List screen. The Edit and Delete options *do* show up if I give the group "Edit" and "Delete" permissions, but then the group members also get the "TimeSheet->Mass Punch" option!

How do I give a Regular Employee permissions to change their unverified timesheet entries?

I'm running Standard version 2.2.9.

Much thanks
lb

Fix for Edit:

Post by lb »

Looks like the edit portion of this can be fixed by the diff listed below. Interestingly, while the following reveals the delete button, it has no effect. Probably need to find/change permissions somewhere else...

Code: Select all

*** UserDateTotalList.tpl.dist  Thu Jan 10 22:23:58 2008
--- UserDateTotalList.tpl       Tue Jul  1 15:55:40 2008
*** 176 ****
!                                                       {if $permission->Check('punch','edit')}
--- 176 ----
!                                                       {if $permission->Check('punch','edit') OR $permission->Check('punch','edit_own')}
*** 193 ****
!                                               {if $permission->Check('punch','delete')}
--- 193 ----
!                                               {if $permission->Check('punch','delete') OR $permission->Check('punch','delete_own')}
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

This isn't a change we are prepared to make at this stage. The reason is that the hour list gives employees permissions to circumvent policies (such as overtime policies) by manually modifying system data from the hour list.

This is why the Edit/Delete permissions are required currently to access the hour list.
lb

Post by lb »

Sure, I thought that was the intent of edit_own. So under what conditions would you give a user edit_own privileges? How is punch/edit_own intended to be used?

Much thanks
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Punch edit_own is intended editing their own punches but not modifying the Hours List. The Hours List is an advanced feature designed more for supervisors/administrators for making custom modifications and overriding policies.
lb

Post by lb »

I don't really "get it", but that's okay as the system is now doing exactly what we want in this regard.

Thanks