Timetrex ubuntu problem

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
trojan

Timetrex ubuntu problem

Post by trojan »

Hello... I successfully installed Timetrex in ubuntu and everything was configured already including policies and pay period, the only problem that we are experiencing is... TIMETREX does not run automatically upon starting our computer we need to click the start file in timetrex folder to make it run for our employees to access the program in their respective work stations.

How can we solve this issue? When we installed it in windows there was no problem at all upon starting our timetrex computer in the morning. In our case we turn off our timetrex computer at night and turn it back on in the following morning. In linux after we turn on the timetrex computer we need to click the start file in timetrex folder to run it.

Please help us solve this issue....

Thank you and more power.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

TimeTrex will not operate properly if you turn the computer off at night. TimeTrex is an enterprise class application and because of that it needs to be running 24/7 as it performs maintenance tasks in the early mornings that are critical to the smooth operation.

Having said that, you simply need to add the full path and name of the TimeTrex start file to your /etc/rc.d/rc.local file.
trojan

Post by trojan »

Hmm... I'm having problem locating this etc/rc.d/rc.localfile.

All I can find is etc/rc0.d