Some questions

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
mike3000

Some questions

Post by mike3000 »

Hi all ,
i wanna ask about the backup\restore process how can i make it the back up i can make it throw the script which is available in the time trex folder i already make it and it gave me file with 2.97 Mb ( is this all my database ) but the restore process i didn't found any way to make it could any one help me please in that a
note that iam using Timetrex standard edition v. 2.2.10 on windows 2k as OS

thanks for your Cooperation
Last edited by mike3000 on Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
mike3000

Post by mike3000 »

hi all
until now no reply could any one please answer my questions
mike3000

No Reply

Post by mike3000 »

Hi all
no reply until now any one please can help me in that i have to restore the data witch i have as backup :(
gherghel

Post by gherghel »

It`s easy to backup a postgresql 8.2 DB in TT (there is a script named backup_database)
but it is hard for me to restore the same database on another machine or after reinstalling on the same machine (there is a lack of a such kind of script)
For instance:
dumping woks with:
SET PGPASSWORD=[Password from your backup_database.bat]
SET PGDATABASE=timetrex
"D:\Program Files\TimeTrex/postgresql\bin\pg_dump.exe" -d -f timetrex_database_%date%.sql -h localhost -U timetrex -p 5433
but
restore doesn`t work with:
"C:\program files\timetrex/postgresql\bin\pg_restore.exe" -d timetrex -h localhost -U timetrex -p 5433 C:\..........\timetrex_database_18.12.2008.sql
on another machine or after reinstalling on the same machine
The answer from CP is
...The systeem cannot find the path specified
There is also another problem when installing TT on another machine or after reinstalling on the same machine: the password of the new DB before restoring the old one is different and do not match.