Flexible Schedule

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
PoopyTheJ

Flexible Schedule

Post by PoopyTheJ »

I have recently begun testing TimeTrex in anticipation of rolling it out, however for my organization schedules are very odd and do not fall into a recurrent theme. The schedule is generated bi-weekly by the owner on an individual basis filling in time where needed and using employees as needed. This makes it difficult to plan a schedule based on a repeating shift or a regular schedule, is there an easy way to accomodate this? Where or how would I go about this, I've been going through the Admin manual and I'm slowly setting up the modules to allow payroll and benefits and taxes and the like though in effect we simply wish to rollout scheduling and timeclock first and as quickly as we can, plugging in later effects as needed. We are a small organization and I'm fighting a very change-resistant mindset so I need to go slowly, though just scheduling flexibly is turning out to be a very difficult proposition. We're rolling out on win2k and xp as of now though looking to migrate to a *nix OS at a later date.
Thanks in advance for any advise!
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You can use the Mass Schedule feature, or just schedule employees from Schedule -> MySchedule. There is a down arrow beside the date when you are adding/editing a scheduled shift that allows you to repeat the current shift for X days. So that feature can help too.
PoopyTheJ

Post by PoopyTheJ »

Thanks in my run through and subsequent work that wasn't immediately obvious to me. I'm scheduling everyone open-close as that's what we work and then individually deleting days not worked. My only problem is in the Mass Schedule do I have to assign a branch? We have three branches and the schedule (mass) is the same for all.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You don't have to assign a branch, but its recommended. If you don't assign one then the employees won't be scheduled in a specific one either, so it may be confusing to them.