Exceptions not showing

Topics brought up by the TimeTrex open source community.
PoopyTheJ

Exceptions not showing

Post by PoopyTheJ »

Ok, so I'm using the mass schedule to schedule my employees then going in and deleting their days off as the days off are random and on an individual babsis. I have exceptions set, though they haven't triggered at all and I'm having a hell of a time figuring out why. What is the procedure for scheduling and assigning whatever I need to assign to get exceptions, especially late or missed punches to trigger? I've read through the administrators manual but I'm not putting 2 and 2 together to get 4 I guess. Also if I use the recurring schedule or recurring schedule template, or the mass schedule what exactly is the difference in how timetrex handles these?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The most common reason for schedule related exceptions to not trigger is because there is either:

1. No schedule policy selected for scheduled shifts.
2. The schedule policy doesn't have the proper start/stop window for TimeTrex to find the scheduled shift and relate it to punches.
3. Incorrect policy configuration.

Unfortunately without more detailed information there isn't much else we can help you with.
PoopyTheJ

Post by PoopyTheJ »

What information can I give you. Tell me what to let you know and I'll give it to you. I'm really very new with this and trying to get the system to work with a bunch of guys who forget more than not to punch in and out is an adventure.
I have a shcedule policy set with a start stop window of 2 hours. Overtime policy I have one set however it doesn't show up in the schedule policy page to choose it, No meal policy as we generally don;t have time for lunches and their paid anyways, and undertime policy is being drawn from sick time, I think. What other info can I give you?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If you find a day that an employee punched in early/late, and go to their schedule for the same day, and click on their scheduled shift, is a schedule policy selected there?

I assume you have a exception policy setup and assigned to the employees with the exceptions that you want are checked as active?

Missed punch exceptions have nothing to do with the schedule, so if you aren't seeing those either chances are your exception policy is either:

1. Not assigned to a policy group.
2. Missed punch exceptions are not active.
3. Employees are not assigned to the policy group.
PoopyTheJ

Post by PoopyTheJ »

I have an exception policy setup I think, I've created an exception policy and marked those things I want to show, however how do I assign it to employees? In the exceptions policy I see where I can set a name and change what I want to show, however I suppose that's my problem as I'm missing where I can assign it to a group of employees.
PoopyTheJ

Post by PoopyTheJ »

Actually I think I figured it out, I'll let you know how it works now.
Thanks for the replies!