Problem with Install on FreeBSD

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
Bill Tillman

Problem with Install on FreeBSD

Post by Bill Tillman »

I installed and ran TimeTrex about a year ago on FreeBSD. It wasn't too difficult but it took some additional packages and tweaking to get it going. But it did run and worked fine.

I have just built a new FreeBSD server and I'm installing TimeTrex on it. But when I ran the web interface I got this message:

Code: Select all

/usr/local/apache/htdocs/timetrex/interface/install/../../templates_c is NOT writable by your web server! For help on this topic click here.

PHP GetText extension is not installed, TimeTrex requires GetText to be installed.

Your web server is unable to create directories inside of: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/timetrex/interface/install/../../templates_c, please give your webserver write permissions to this directory. For help on this topic click here.

For installation support, please join our community forums or contact a TimeTrex support expert for Implementation Support Services. 
I don't seem to recall seeing anything on how to set the permissions but that seems to be my first problem. And gettext is installed on this system so I'm not sure why the second message is appearing.

Any advice would be appreciated.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You might want to take a look at a post made by another one of our forum members who documented the entire installation procedure on FreeBSD:
http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?t=905

The quick answer is that your templates_c directory and cache directories need be writable by the same user that your web server is running as.

As for your gettext extension, it may be installed, but probably not enabled in the php.ini file.
Bill Tillman

Ooops

Post by Bill Tillman »

Yes, you are correct. In fact it was I who posted those steps over a year ago. Sorry I should have checked my own facts first....