Station help

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
dre@ms

Station help

Post by dre@ms »

Hi..

I want my employees to use only their computer to login/logout. I have gone thru this forum as well as the admin user manual. I add a station with station id left blank, source the computers ip. click submit. Click on punch in/out, get not authorized message.

Want some clarifications reg below,

1. There is already a wild card entry in the station list. Should I delete it or should it be there.
2. Should I select anything in Include or Exclude employees section?? If so, what is the meaning of both regarding stations.
3. There are abt 33 pages for this station list. How should I stop creating this. Think timetrex captures every punch in/out.

Help pls.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Are you trying to limit every employee to their own computer?

If so, that sounds like a lot of work to setup and maintain depending on how many employees you have. I would considered a better approach if possible, like limit the employees to any computer within your network instead.
dre@ms

Post by dre@ms »

shaunw wrote:Are you trying to limit every employee to their own computer?

If so, that sounds like a lot of work to setup and maintain depending on how many employees you have. I would considered a better approach if possible, like limit the employees to any computer within your network instead.
Yes..I want to limit every employee to their own computer. We have totally 20 employees using TimeTrex for logging in their attendance.

Pls help me out, I am ready for any big process to be followed.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The easiest way would be to go to each computer, login to TimeTrex as the administrator, go to Admin -> Company -> Stations.

One of the stations will be highlighted light blue, that is the station you are currently logged in from. Click Edit on that station, then set the "Include Employee" to only the employee you want to be able to punch in/out from that computer. I would also change the description of the station to that employees name.

Go to the next computer and repeat.

Keep in mind that if the employee clears their browser cookies TimeTrex will no longer know which station they are, so you will have to repeat the above process.

You will also need to delete any wildcard stations (stations with ANY for the station ID or source), as those take precedence over non-wildcard stations.
dre@ms

Post by dre@ms »

Thnx m8..it worked.