Over Time, absence and regular time configuration

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
aeltalkhawy

Over Time, absence and regular time configuration

Post by aeltalkhawy »

I want to configure Timetrex to bank overtime hours, so if there are delays it should deduct from the overtime banked hours, and if there aren't enough balance it should deduct from regular time and therefor deduct from employee's salary.
How could i configure Timetrex to do that?

I'm using Timetrex 2.2.15
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

What do you mean by: "if there are delays, it should deduct from the overtime banked hours".

What do you mean by "delays"?

Putting overtime into a bank (accrual) is trivial, but what do you want the criteria to be to that would trigger time to be withdrawn from that bank?
aeltalkhawy

Post by aeltalkhawy »

shaunw wrote:What do you mean by: "if there are delays, it should deduct from the overtime banked hours".

What do you mean by "delays"?
I mean that if employee worked less than scheduled working hours Timetrex should withdraw from its over time accrual to complete employee's scheduled working hours and employee gets his salary without deductions.
But if there aren't enough balance in over time accrual Timetrex should calculate employee's salary with deductions resulted from under schedule working hours.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

TimeTrex can do everything you mentioned except change its behavior based on the balance available in their accruals.

If they work less then their scheduled time, it can withdraw the difference from their overtime accrual, however it will continue to do so even if their balance is less then 0.
aeltalkhawy

Post by aeltalkhawy »

So if the balance is less than 0, can it deduct from employee's salary ?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

No, it will continue to deduct from their accrual and push their balance into the negatives.
aeltalkhawy

Post by aeltalkhawy »

Can we make two earning accounts deduct from the same accrual PS account, so we can add regular time hours to over time hours then deduct under schedule working hours from them?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Sorry, I don't understand your question. Can you give an example of what you are looking for?
aeltalkhawy

Post by aeltalkhawy »

This is the way that i think it should be:

1 - Create account in PS accounts with type "accrual" with "over time accural PS" as its name

2 - Create account in PS accounts with type "Earning" with "over time earning PS" as its name and "over time accural PS" as its accrual

3 - Create account in PS accounts with type "Earning" with "under scheduled time earning PS" as its name and "over time accural PS" as its accrual

4 - Create accrual policy named "working time Accrual policy" with initial balance = 0

5 - Create over time policy named "over time policy" with
- Type = "Over schedule/No schedule"
- Active After = 8
- Rate = 1
- Pay Stub Account = "over time earning PS"
- Deposit to Accrual Policy = "working time Accrual policy"
- Accrual Rate = 1

6 - create absence policy named "Un-Authorized Absence Policy" with:
- Type = "Dock"
- Withdraw from Accrual Policy = "working time Accrual policy"
- Pay Stub Account = "under scheduled time earning PS"

So after that if i use "over time accural PS" as the "Regular Time Earnings" account in "Pay Stub Account Linking", will Timetrex apply the process i talked about before?

And could you please explain the relationship between "Earning PS accounts" and "Accrual PS accounts"?

thanks in advance.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Unfortunately your example doesn't seem to make any sense to me, as it appears to contradict itself.

Any way you cut it, TimeTrex will not change its behavior based on an accrual balance, which is how I understand your original question.

You're free to try it any combination you like though, I just recommend keeping excellent backups.
aeltalkhawy

Post by aeltalkhawy »

Thanks Shaun for your answer.

But i don't understand the relationship between "Earning PS accounts" and "Accrual PS accounts"

Could you please explain it to me as it isn't clear from the administration manual?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Earning PS Accounts if attached to an accrual will withdraw equal amounts from that accrual.

Employee Deduction PS Accounts if attached to an accrual will deposit equal amounts to that accrual.

So for example if you had an "Employee Loan" PS Accrual setup, and an "Employee Loan" earning account attached to it, and an "Employee RePayment" employee deduction also attached to it, any amounts recorded as "Employee Loan" earnings would withdraw from the accrual, and any amounts recorded as "Employee RePayment" employee deduction would deposit to the accrual.

This may help as well:

Accrual: Employee Loan = $0 (initial balance)

- Employee requests a $150 loan.
Pay Stub 1:
Earnings: Employee Loan = $150

Accrual: Employee Loan = $-150 (new balance)

- Employee makes a $100 loan payment.
Pay Stub 2:
Employee Deduction: Loan RePayment = $100

Accrual: Employee Loan = $-50 (new balance)

- Employee makes a final $50 loan payment.
Pay Stub 3:
Employee Deduction: Loan RePayment = $50

Accrual: Employee Loan = $0 (new balance)
aeltalkhawy

Post by aeltalkhawy »

Thanks Shaun a lot for that clear example, it explained a lot.
So the difference between the accrual PS account And the accrual policy is:

1 - Accrual policy banks time, and accrual PS account banks money.

2 - Over time policies could deposit into accrual policy, and employee deduction PS account deposit to accrual PS account.

3 - Absence policies withdraw from accrual policy, and earning PS accounts withdraw from accrual PS account.

Is this right?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Correct.

Basically the time and attendance module (recording time, policies, etc...) are a separate module from Payroll. They are completely different "layers" of TimeTrex if you will.

At the time and attendance layer, you deal with time (hours) directly. At the payroll layer you deal with dollars.
aeltalkhawy

Post by aeltalkhawy »

Thanks Shaun a lot for your posts, it were such a great help.