Timesheet Detail Report format

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
drh

Timesheet Detail Report format

Post by drh »

Hi forum.
Let me first say that I think timetrex is a wonderful application. So far, the best I have used.

My issue is with the way TT displays the Timesheet Detail Report. I am using the standard edition, version 2.2.15 on a LAMP server. Our work week starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday. We have 2 pay periods per month. The first pay period starts on the 1st and ends on the 15th. The second pay period starts on the 16th and ends on the last day of the month.

When I generate the timesheet detail report, TT groups the days in 7 day groups, starting with the 1st of the month or the 16th of the month.

Since our work week is Sunday through Monday, I thought it would group them as such.

Example:
For our October 16, 2008 - October 31, 2008 pay period.
TT groups the days as such:

# DATE DoW
1 Oct 16 Thu
2 Oct 17 Fri
3 Oct 18 Sat
4 Oct 19 Sun
7 Oct 22 Wed

WEEKLY TOTALS

# DATE DoW
1 Oct 23 Thu
7 Oct 29 Wed

WEEKLY TOTALS

# DATE DoW
1 Oct 30 Thu
2 Oct 31 Fri

I would prefer that TT follow my work week instead. So in the first group, you would have Thu, Fri, Sat (16th-18th). The second group would have Sun - Sat (19th-25th), and the last group would be Sun-Fri (26th-31st). This would follow our work week.

Have I misconfigured something here? Or is this the way TT intends for it to work? Can this be changed, and if so, via configuration or programatically?

Thanks in advance for any info or pointers.

Dave
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Yes, this is by design. It can only be modified by making quite extensive changes to the source code.
drh

Thanks Shaun

Post by drh »

Thanks for the quick reply. From looking at the code, I thought that would probably be the case. Although it the time sheet detail report doesn't display exactly how I would prefer, I see that it is displaying the overtime the way in which I need it to be. We probably needed to do more testing.

I am curious if I should add this as a feature request. Obviously no one else has asked for it, at least I couldn't find it on the forum.

I think I will just monitor this post and see if anyone else is interested in the format.

Thanks again.

Dave
drh

time sheet summary report

Post by drh »

Thanks for the reply. We did specify a start/end date at the top. We used a start date of Nov 1 and an end date of Nov 15. This displayed "Verified Time Sheet" = No. However, when we select the pay period Nov 1 -> Nov 15 from the (second option) it displays "Verified Time Sheet" = Yes.

How is it getting confused? How can it get two different results from the same time period?

Thanks.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

This is a deficiency with the current version of TimeTrex, it will only show verified information if a single pay period is being displayed and that pay period was selected from the dropdown list.

The next version of TimeTrex will not have this deficiency, and it will report as expected.