Import data into Other ID fields (screenshots)

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
blacksmith

Import data into Other ID fields (screenshots)

Post by blacksmith »

1. Entering Arabic into TimeTrex Edit Employee is OK as seen in the following screenshot:

2. But I have a lot of data to be entered. So importing data will be efficient here. Unfortunately, Other ID field data can't be imported according to this post for example and this.

3. I tried to import Arabic data into Other ID fields directly into the TimeTrex database through the phpmyadmin interface. The result is not succeeded as seen in the next screenshots:

4. I tried to edit the Other ID field properties to be Arabic collation as seen in the next screenshot, but results are the same as the previous second screenshot.

If you may help in entering Arabic data into Other ID fields through import process directly into the database OR any other method.

Thanks very much.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The source code of the import script would need to be modified to support importing custom fields, that would be the best way to go about this.
blacksmith

import_users.php

Post by blacksmith »

Thanks.
The source code of the import script would need to be modified
1. Do you mean the file import_users.php inside this directory timetrex\tools\import ?

2. If it has been modified, may it support Arabic data to be entered successfully?

Thanks again.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Yes, thats the one.

It should already support other languages, however it does not support importing custom field data at this time.