Domain Users have no access

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
stephen

Domain Users have no access

Post by stephen »

We're running this in a Win2k3 server environment. IIS+PHP5+MYSQL.

After an initial install all the administrators have access to the software. Regular users do not. When trying to log in they get a screen that says:
"Down for Maintenance

TimeTrex is unable to connect to its database, please make sure that the database has been started and is running."

Only non-admins get this error. If I add the domain user as a local admin (just the client machine), they get limited access. They can clock in, but they can't clock out (same error as above). They can do requests but it has to be for the same day; dates in advance result in the above error. They cannot make use of exceptions at all; same error.

Since domain admins have no problems, and local admins have some access, it leads me to believe there is an issue with user rights. I admit though that I am unsure what rights would be involved. Any help is greatly appreciated.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Sounds strange, but definitely like a permissions issue.

My guess is the cache files are all owned by different users and that is causing conflicts. What doesn't make sense though is TimeTrex should always be running as the same user, regardless of who is logged in.

But since you've done a 100% custom install, I don't think we will be of much help unless you can provide specific issues and debugging information from the logs.
stephen

Post by stephen »

I figured out what the issue was, and I feel kinda dumb at the same time :P

Turns out that TimeTrex makes use of C:\temp\timetrex quite a bit.
The problem is that users did not have write or modify permissions to that folder. Once that was fixed, everything clicked.

May be useful to know for other win2k3 domain users.