installation fails at step 3.

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
pavelg

installation fails at step 3.

Post by pavelg »

I am new to this product. I am installing timetrex version 1.3. During installation I get to step 3 (Database configuration). My test connection step runs successfully. However, when I click on next step, I get Maintenance window. I check the database and no tables created.
I logon to mysql database with user timetrex and was able to create test table manually in dbase timetrex. Can some one please help me to understand what is going on and how to fix this problem?

My environmane: Linux Fedora 4, mysql 4.11-2, php-5.0.4

I am running with debug mode turn on: Here are the messages from log file:
Debug Buffer
============================================================================
Memory Usage: 3034616
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
DEBUG [135]: [Function](): URI: /timetrex/interface/install/DatabaseConfig.php?data%5Btype%5D=mysqlt&data%5Bhost%5D=localhost&data%5Bdatabase_name%5D=timetrex&data%5Buser%5D=timetrex&data%5Bpassword%5D=timetrex&data%5Bpriv_user%5D=root&data%5Bpriv_password%5D=test12%&action=Next
DEBUG [137]: [Function](): Production: 0
DEBUG [92]: DateTime::setTimeZone(): Setting TimeZone: PST8PDT
DEBUG [49]: [Function](): Bypassing Authentication
DEBUG [67]: Install::isInstallMode(): Install Mode is ON
DEBUG [97]: [Function](): Next
DEBUG [236]: Install::checkDatabaseExists(): Database Name: timetrex
DEBUG [246]: Install::checkDatabaseExists(): Exists - Database Name: timetrex
DEBUG [236]: Install::checkDatabaseExists(): Database Name: timetrex
DEBUG [246]: Install::checkDatabaseExists(): Exists - Database Name: timetrex
DEBUG [119]: [Function](): yDatabase does exist...
DEBUG [98]: URLBuilder::getURL(): URL: DatabaseConfig.php?action=install_schema
DEBUG [35]: Redirect::page(): Redirect URL: DatabaseConfig.php?action=install_schema
DEBUG [98]: URLBuilder::getURL(): URL: pre_install.php?v=1.3.1S&page=database_config&priv_user=root

PROFILER OUTPUT
Calls Time Routine
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 0.0000 ms (0.00 %) unprofiled

60151.7339 ms (100.00 %) Missed
60151.7339 ms (100.00 %) OVERALL TIME
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Please follow these instructions:
http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?t=89

Focusing on the PHP error log section.

You will need to change your debug level to 10 or less to replicate the problem again though. Debug level 11 doesn't allow redirects to happen so the debug output you posted isn't triggering the error.
pavelg

Post by pavelg »

Thanks Shaun. I made the changes as you suggested: debug level set to 10. Here is what I see now:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ADODB_Exception' with message 'mysqlt error: [1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'false NOT NULL, accrual_policy_id integer, premium_policy_id integer, ' at line 6] in adodb_throw(CREATE TABLE absence_policy ( id integer AUTO_INCREMENT NOT NULL, company_id integer NOT NULL, name varchar(250) NOT NULL, type_id integer NOT NULL, over_time boolean DEFAULT false NOT NULL, accrual_policy_id integer, premium_policy_id integer, pay_stub_entry_account_id integer, created_date integer, created_by integer, updated_date integer, updated_by integer, deleted_date integer, deleted_by integer, deleted boolean DEFAULT false NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY(id) ) ENGINE=InnoDB, ) ' in /var/www/html/timetrex/classes/adodb/adodb-exceptions.inc.php:78 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/timetrex/classes/adodb/adodb-exceptions.inc.php(78): adodb_throw() in /var/www/html/timetrex/classes/adodb/adodb-exceptions.inc.php on line 78
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If I run that SQL query on our test MySQL server it works perfectly. Try running it manually on your MySQL server. Are you sure your MySQL allows InnoDB tables?

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE absence_policy_test ( id integer AUTO_INCREMENT NOT NULL, company_id integer NOT NULL, name varchar(250) NOT NULL, type_id integer NOT NULL, over_time boolean DEFAULT false NOT NULL, accrual_policy_id integer, premium_policy_id integer, pay_stub_entry_account_id integer, created_date integer, created_by integer, updated_date integer, updated_by integer, deleted_date integer, deleted_by integer, deleted boolean DEFAULT false NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY(id) ) ENGINE=InnoDB;
pavelg

Post by pavelg »

according to mysql 4.1 documentaion, innodb is enable by default.
I ran the command manually and received the same syntax msg. I also tried to run the following statement: CREATE TABLE absence_policy_test ( id integer AUTO_INCREMENT NOT NULL). That failed to. The I ran the following statement: CREATE TABLE absence_policy_test ( id integer NOT NULL). That created a table fine.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

pavelg wrote:according to mysql 4.1 documentaion, innodb is enable by default.
I ran the command manually and received the same syntax msg. I also tried to run the following statement: CREATE TABLE absence_policy_test ( id integer AUTO_INCREMENT NOT NULL). That failed to. The I ran the following statement: CREATE TABLE absence_policy_test ( id integer NOT NULL). That created a table fine.
Not sure why it has a problem with AUTO_INCREMENT. We've never heard of this issue before. I would ask the MySQL guys about it.