Database connection problem

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
bigjoe22

Database connection problem

Post by bigjoe22 »

I have my own servers running FC4 with all the requirement needed to run TimeTrex, at least I think I do. I get past the requirements page with all ok's. I cannot get past the test connection page. I usually always use MySQl so I am not real familiar with Postgresql. I do have a 8.X version running and virtualminpro userpanel says it is running. I created a database and gave it a user with permissions, but still cannot connect. I am using localhost ... dont really know where to check from here? Any Ideas.

Thanks
Joel
mikeb

Re: Database connection problem

Post by mikeb »

bigjoe22 wrote:I have my own servers running FC4 with all the requirement needed to run TimeTrex, at least I think I do. I get past the requirements page with all ok's. I cannot get past the test connection page. I usually always use MySQl so I am not real familiar with Postgresql. I do have a 8.X version running and virtualminpro userpanel says it is running. I created a database and gave it a user with permissions, but still cannot connect. I am using localhost ... dont really know where to check from here? Any Ideas.

Thanks
Joel
Are you filling out the "Privileged User/Password" fields at the bottom of the database configuration page? This should be your "postgres" user and its password. I would also try to confirm your user/password combination using "psql" from the console too if you can.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
bigjoe22

Post by bigjoe22 »

Yes, I am filling in that area also. When I do that, I get two errors at top stating connection test faied on bot privlaged and non::

Connection test to your database as a non-privileged user has FAILED! Please correct them and try again.
Connection test to your database as a privileged user has FAILED! Please correct the user name/password and try again.

Is there a way to test that postgres is running correctly and on the right port thru ssh?

Thanks
Joel
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

bigjoe22 wrote:Yes, I am filling in that area also. When I do that, I get two errors at top stating connection test faied on bot privlaged and non::

Connection test to your database as a non-privileged user has FAILED! Please correct them and try again.
Connection test to your database as a privileged user has FAILED! Please correct the user name/password and try again.

Is there a way to test that postgres is running correctly and on the right port thru ssh?

Thanks
Joel
Yes, try running:

psql -h localhost -U postgres <timetrex_database_name>

ie:
psql -h localhost -U postgres timetrex

It should then ask you for the password.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!