Blank screen on update after upgrade to 3.3.1

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
Cynjut

Blank screen on update after upgrade to 3.3.1

Post by Cynjut »

I'm restarting my database, and I'm trying to set up a policy group. From this screen:

Home > Absence Policy List > Edit Holiday Policy > Holiday Policy List > Edit Policy Group > Policy Group List

I click "edit" on the default policy and try to apply all of the policies I've set up. As long as I don't use a "Break" policy, everything seems to work fine. If I try to set the "Break" policy to anything but "-None-", I get a blank screen, like I would if there was a PHP syntax error. I have error reporting turned off in my PHP.ini, but I can turn it on if you need me to. All the rest of the options work fine.
shaunw

Re: Blank screen on update after upgrade to 3.3.1

Post by shaunw »

Try clearing your TimeTrex cache directory and see if the issue still happens. If it does, then you will need to turn on at least error logging so we can find out what the issue is.
retched

Re: Blank screen on update after upgrade to 3.3.1

Post by retched »

After doing a bit of searching... and failing at realizing that timetrex.ini was blocking the Error Debug...
Notice: Undefined variable: lf in C:\Program Files\TimeTrex\timetrex\classes\modules\company\CompanyGenericMapFactory.class.php on line 375

Fatal error: Call to a member function getRecordCount() on a non-object in C:\Program Files\TimeTrex\timetrex\classes\modules\company\CompanyGenericMapFactory.class.php on line 375
So I went to the file referenced, and found this line:
Debug::text('Action: '. $log_action .' MapID: '. $this->getMapID() .' ObjectID: '. $this->getObjectID() .' Description: '. $description .' Record Count: '. $lf->getRecordCount(), __FILE__, __LINE__, __METHOD__, 10);

Since I feel that I'm pretty confident in PHP, I know that the above line is a reference to a DEBUG class. So I commented it out, that's add two /'s (//) to the front of the line, so that PHP can ignore it and got this:
//Debug::text('Action: '. $log_action .' MapID: '. $this->getMapID() .' ObjectID: '. $this->getObjectID() .' Description: '. $description .' Record Count: '. $lf->getRecordCount(), __FILE__, __LINE__, __METHOD__, 10);

Went back, checked it out, disabled DEBUG mode since it wasn't needed, and all is fine.

Now can someone tell me how to add rates to wages in TimeTrex standard? Please? *sad face* :(
EDIT: Never mind... figured out employee wages. (reading the user guide... HELPS!!)