LDAP TLS/autentication

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
pribis

LDAP TLS/autentication

Post by pribis »

Hi, I have two questions that I need clarification for:

1. How does TimeTrex handle TLS? I only see an option for using SSL. I was thinking the ldap.conf but timetrex fails with
Binding: Confidentiality required.

2. I read this for an older post but need to just make sure: The user must be in timetrex AND in ldap before authentication via ldap can occur? On this last question, I'm not sure I can see the point of using ldap if I have to put users in both places. The whole point of ldap is to have a central point for user information so that user info doesn't need to be updated all over the place.

Thanks,

brian.
shaunw

Re: LDAP TLS/autentication

Post by shaunw »

1. How does TimeTrex handle TLS? I only see an option for using SSL. I was thinking the ldap.conf but timetrex fails with
Binding: Confidentiality required.

TimeTrex currently only supports LDAP over SSL rather than TLS.
2. I read this for an older post but need to just make sure: The user must be in timetrex AND in ldap before authentication via ldap can occur? On this last question, I'm not sure I can see the point of using ldap if I have to put users in both places. The whole point of ldap is to have a central point for user information so that user info doesn't need to be updated all over the place.
TimeTrex needs to match the user in LDAP to the user in its own database, otherwise it has no idea who is actually logging in. Thats just one of many reasons why the user needs to exists in both places.

The LDAP integration with TimeTrex is for authentication only.