Database not detected

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
bradchaus

Database not detected

Post by bradchaus »

Hi, I have installed timetrex as per the instructions. I have the Requirements page showing all OKs .. except for Database Engine, which shows in red "Invalid (postgresql)" .. ( just a minor problem !! )

I have edited the timetrex.ini.php file many times, using various best guesses at the option

[database]
type = postgres8 ... i have tried postgresql, postgresql8, postgres ... etc

all with no joy.

I am using Fedora Core 5, with PostgreSQL 8.1.4. The database server is working fine, since my accounting system iw working.

What is the requirements page looking for?

Cheers and Beers

Brian
mikeb

Re: Database not detected

Post by mikeb »

bradchaus wrote:Hi, I have installed timetrex as per the instructions. I have the Requirements page showing all OKs .. except for Database Engine, which shows in red "Invalid (postgresql)" .. ( just a minor problem !! )

I have edited the timetrex.ini.php file many times, using various best guesses at the option

[database]
type = postgres8 ... i have tried postgresql, postgresql8, postgres ... etc

all with no joy.

I am using Fedora Core 5, with PostgreSQL 8.1.4. The database server is working fine, since my accounting system iw working.

What is the requirements page looking for?

Cheers and Beers

Brian
The problem isn't the timetrex.ini.php file, the problem is your PHP installations doesn't have the PostgreSQL extension installed. You need to make sure PHP is loading the "pgsql" extension, then the Database Engine requirement will turn green.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
bradchaus

Post by bradchaus »

many thanx :) .. i look forward to trying out the software :)

cheers
Das Goat

Database Engine:Invalid

Post by Das Goat »

Woo Hoo! That was it.

In PHP 5.2.2, re-run the windows installer, picked MySQL. Installed, Restarted IIS, refreshed requirements page and all is ok.

On to step 4!