Pay period schedule set woes

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
Diggy

Pay period schedule set woes

Post by Diggy »

Hello to all, especially mikeb!

I installed v. 1.2 from scratch (previously ran last beta, but upgrade didn't work for me, so ... Probably should have asked for upgrade help but, well, didn't). All went fine, but now a previous bugaboo for me, setting up a Pay Period Schedule, is again giving me fits.

Here's the initial set-up data I want to use:

pay period start July 31, 2006 end August 11 transaction (check) date August 18

pay period start August 14 end August 25 transaction (check) date September 1

If I try to use the built-in calendar to set the dates, it returns weird data (e.g.July 31 is entered as 31-06-06. Is this a bug?). Then, I try to set the date manually, but am unsure of the format I should use.

Mikeb walked me through this once, but that was about 6 weeks ago. I don't even remember what I was doing six hours ago. Help would be appreciated.

Diggy
mikeb

Re: Pay period schedule set woes

Post by mikeb »

Diggy wrote:Hello to all, especially mikeb!

I installed v. 1.2 from scratch (previously ran last beta, but upgrade didn't work for me, so ... Probably should have asked for upgrade help but, well, didn't). All went fine, but now a previous bugaboo for me, setting up a Pay Period Schedule, is again giving me fits.

Here's the initial set-up data I want to use:

pay period start July 31, 2006 end August 11 transaction (check) date August 18

pay period start August 14 end August 25 transaction (check) date September 1

If I try to use the built-in calendar to set the dates, it returns weird data (e.g.July 31 is entered as 31-06-06. Is this a bug?). Then, I try to set the date manually, but am unsure of the format I should use.

Mikeb walked me through this once, but that was about 6 weeks ago. I don't even remember what I was doing six hours ago. Help would be appreciated.

Diggy
Hi Diggy,

Your pay period dates don't add up. The primary and secondary pay period dates in the pay period schedule must not have gaps between them. Can you please post the exact dates of two of your pay periods in July including transaction dates? Once I get those I can help you define the schedule.

As far as the date format is concerned, you can change the format by going to My Account -> Preferences. See if that helps.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
Diggy

Post by Diggy »

Greetz, mikeb.

Yes, after fiddling for a while, I realized that I should define the periods as Jul 31-August 12 and August 13-August 26, or something like that. Another way of putting it, I think, is that my periods run from Sunday to the Saturday two weeks later. Anyway, I seem to have taken care of that, as now I see the current week's schedule as Sunday Oct 1 through Saturday Oct 7, with today, Wednesday Oct 4 highlighted when viewed in My Timesheet.

Diggy
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

Diggy wrote:Greetz, mikeb.

Yes, after fiddling for a while, I realized that I should define the periods as Jul 31-August 12 and August 13-August 26, or something like that. Another way of putting it, I think, is that my periods run from Sunday to the Saturday two weeks later. Anyway, I seem to have taken care of that, as now I see the current week's schedule as Sunday Oct 1 through Saturday Oct 7, with today, Wednesday Oct 4 highlighted when viewed in My Timesheet.

Diggy
Also if you click "View" beside your pay period schedule in the pay period schedule list page, it will show you all the pay periods so you can confirm they are correct.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!