Permissions issue

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
Diggy

Permissions issue

Post by Diggy »

Yeesh, I feel like such a luser. I created myself in timetrex, but am unable to log in (timetrex says, "Permission DENIED!"). I assigned myself the "Regular Employee" permission preset, but when I when I hit the submit button, nothing seems to happen. What now?

Diggy
mikeb

Re: Permissions issue

Post by mikeb »

Diggy wrote:Yeesh, I feel like such a luser. I created myself in timetrex, but am unable to log in (timetrex says, "Permission DENIED!"). I assigned myself the "Regular Employee" permission preset, but when I when I hit the submit button, nothing seems to happen. What now?

Diggy
Do you still have access to the admin user you originally created during the install process? If not unfortunately it is quite difficult to assign admin permissions without having access to the interface.

You definitely want to make sure you always have one user with full admin permissions. ;)
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
Diggy

Post by Diggy »

Yes, the admin user can access TimeTrex.
Diggy

Post by Diggy »

I (not the admin, but me as an employee) reset my Permission Preset to Supervisor and could log in. I then reset my permission again as Regular Employee, and could log in. Can really figure that out, but it worked.

Now, the problem is my punch won't work. The punch pop-up appears, but when I punch in, the box returns blank. Nothing is recorded in My Timesheet. Rrrrrrrr.
Diggy

Post by Diggy »

Sorry I've now strayed off-topic but, relating to punch problems, here's a snippet from my syslog:

[client 192.168.100.53] PHP Fatal error: Class 'JobListFactory' not found in /var/www/html/timetrex/classes/modules/punch/PunchControlFactory.class.php on line 270, referer: http://192.168.100.12/timetrex/interfac ... /Punch.php
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

Diggy wrote:Sorry I've now strayed off-topic but, relating to punch problems, here's a snippet from my syslog:

[client 192.168.100.53] PHP Fatal error: Class 'JobListFactory' not found in /var/www/html/timetrex/classes/modules/punch/PunchControlFactory.class.php on line 270, referer: http://192.168.100.12/timetrex/interfac ... /Punch.php
This is a bug introduced in v1.2.0. We'll try to get a beta version out that fixes this by tomorrow afternoon hopefully.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Diggy, TimeTrex version 1.2.1-beta1 has just been released. Please see if it fixes this issue.
Diggy

Post by Diggy »

Shaun,

Sorry for the delay ... lots to do.

I DL'd v1.2.1-beta2 this morning and upgraded my installation. Unfortunately, I'm encountering the same problem - punch doesn't work. When I try to do a punch-in, a blank window is returned, and no data are posted to My Timesheet.

Diggy
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

Diggy wrote:Shaun,

Sorry for the delay ... lots to do.

I DL'd v1.2.1-beta2 this morning and upgraded my installation. Unfortunately, I'm encountering the same problem - punch doesn't work. When I try to do a punch-in, a blank window is returned, and no data are posted to My Timesheet.

Diggy
Whats the PHP error your getting in your logs this time? We've done specific testing for this issue and its working on our test systems here, so something else must be up.

Thanks.
Diggy

Post by Diggy »

Same error as before:

mikeb

Post by mikeb »

Diggy wrote:Same error as before:

Okay, I would double check that you are infact running v1.2.1-beta2 files. Here is the md5sum of the classes/modules/punch/PunchControlFactory.class.php file:

c8249d933fd9b49e71fef069836fe04f

If you edit the file, at the top of it you should see:

Code: Select all

/*
 * $Revision: 181 $
 * $Id: PunchControlFactory.class.php 181 2006-10-05 17:59:59Z ipso $
 * $Date: 2006-10-05 10:59:59 -0700 (Thu, 05 Oct 2006) $
 */
There can only be one other issue that I can think of, so if your files match up, we can go from there.
Diggy

Post by Diggy »

Here's the snippet from the PunchControlFactory.classs.php file on my system:

* $Revision: 114 $
* $Id: PunchControlFactory.class.php 114 2006-09-15 23:47:37Z ipso $
* $Date: 2006-09-15 16:47:37 -0700 (Fri, 15 Sep 2006) $

So, it appears that it's the wrong version. When I upgraded, I ran "unzip -j TimeTrex_Standard_Edition_v1.2.1-beta2.zip" from within the timetrex directory, which should have overwritten files from the previous install. Well, I must have screwed something up, in which case, apologies.

How do I fix? Does this potentially mean that other files are also incorrect?

Diggy
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

Diggy wrote:Here's the snippet from the PunchControlFactory.classs.php file on my system:

* $Revision: 114 $
* $Id: PunchControlFactory.class.php 114 2006-09-15 23:47:37Z ipso $
* $Date: 2006-09-15 16:47:37 -0700 (Fri, 15 Sep 2006) $

So, it appears that it's the wrong version. When I upgraded, I ran "unzip -j TimeTrex_Standard_Edition_v1.2.1-beta2.zip" from within the timetrex directory, which should have overwritten files from the previous install. Well, I must have screwed something up, in which case, apologies.

How do I fix? Does this potentially mean that other files are also incorrect?

Diggy
Assuming you haven't made any custom modifications, I would unzip the beta2.zip and just copy your timetrex.ini.php file from your old directory to the new beta2 directory, then run TimeTrex from there. That way you know for sure all the files are correct, and no orphaned files are left around.

I would also run the installer again so it can upgrade your database schema if needed.
Diggy

Post by Diggy »

Sorry for the reply to my own post, but I did the following:

- renamed timtrex directory to timetrexA

- unzipped TimeTrex_Standard_Edition_v1.2.1-beta2.zip and renamed directory to timtrex

- changed "installer_enabled =" to TRUE

-ran installer again

- logged into timetrex as me the employee

- punched in successfully. punches show in My Timesheet.

Thanks, Mike, for tip on checking version of PunchControlFactory.class.php. I'm also happy that the reinstallation was trivial, and that my original set-up is intact.

Diggy
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

Excellent, thanks for the update Diggy.

We work hard to make sure TimeTrex works with the minimum amount of issues as possible, so when we hear of someone having a problem we do our best to get it resolved ASAP.

Enjoy!